WASH Project Specialist (French Speaking) Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 13:35 General Nairobi Reference: 1691
Key Duties and Responsibilities
We are a dynamic team that seeks an individual who can readily adapt and step in to support the delivery of excellent work for our clients. The Senior Project Specialist will serve as a core member of the Citywise team, ensuring client contract requirements are completed in a timely manner and are of the highest quality. Given the variation of Citywise client projects, this can include but is not limited to the following:
Project Management & Delivery
- Develop detailed work plans for client projects, plan and implement activities. Projects may include advising on the design and manufacturing of new sanitation products, developing plans for on-site sanitation systems, implementing studies to assess user demand, needs and willingness to pay, or developing business models. .
- Review existing literature and resources (e.g. maps, data, reports, other documents) And draft reports on activities, methodology, findings and recommendations. This could involve summarizing project activities or investigating a research question for a client.
- Support with workshop design and facilitation. This could involve designing and hosting a need-finding workshop or product feedback session .
- Design quantitative and qualitative data collection exercises, develop interview guides and surveys, and analyze data to generate insights and present findings.
- Support the ideation and creation of tools for clients and develop and lead user training. This might look like an assessment tool, data analysis tool or financial modeling tool.
- Support iteration and development of non-sewered sanitation business models. This will include strategic adaptation of existing baseline assessment results , a strong understanding of Sanergy’s operational costs and revenues to generate a model the team can use to project and reflect adjustments for implementation.
- Draft recommendations for subsequent client engagements based on learnings and outcomes from projects and identify future partnership opportunities.
- Pitch research ideas, develop presentations and publications, and represent Citywise in working groups, external meetings, and conferences.
- Identify and create new projects for Citywise through networking and monitoring opportunity postings. .
- Develop written pitches, proposals and application materials for new projects.
- Identify and cultivate a network of potential partners across the sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., business, public health, urban planning, public policy, engineering, etc.) required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 4-5 years experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably in a client-facing program management or consulting capacity.
- Experience managing the collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data; familiarity with human-centered design a plus.
- Experience in the WASH sector–ideally in the delivery of sanitation services–strongly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English; ability to speak French or Swahili is a plus.
- Ability to work across Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite and project management platforms; Airtable a plus.
- Familiarity with international donor requirements and reporting (e.g. USAID, FCDO, World Bank) is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively remotely and across time zones.
Desired Character Attributes
- Enthusiasm for excellence – You maintain the highest attention to detail and know what constitutes a phenomenal deliverable—from rigorous analysis, evidence-based conclusions and practical recommendations to consistent formatting and professional presentation—and you pride yourself on consistently delivering phenomenal work.
- Adaptability – You see a challenge as an opportunity to pivot and improve. You “make it work”, get creative and figure out how to adapt ideas based on new information. You’re excited about tackling ambiguous, complex challenges and demonstrate resourcefulness, creativity and perseverance.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain a birds-eye view of multiple activities – You are an efficient multi-tasker, have a system for staying organized and can identify what needs attention most urgently.
- Team spirit – You want to be a part of a motivated and high-performing team. You bring enthusiasm to your work, have fun with colleagues, see accomplishments as a team effort and are willing to help out wherever you can.
- Willingness and ability to travel as required.
Compensation and Benefits
- Fresh Life/Sanergy Collaborative offer a competitive, comprehensive benefits package commensurate with experience.
- Join a team of high-performing, passionate individuals who seek to expand Citywide Inclusive Sanitation globally.
- Participate in a collaborative, supportive team culture and environment. This includes daily team lunch provided to meet colleagues from across the organization, org-wide events throughout the year and much more.
- Drive change in a sector deeply in need of transformation. Utilizing learnings from the Sanergy Collaborative’s decade of experience, bringing innovative approaches to solving the complex challenges that the global sanitation space faces.
- Be a part of a values-based organization that strives to tackle something larger than itself. With humility, pragmatic innovation and relentless pursuit of excellence at its core, you’ll instantly become part of a community that thinks differently and pushes the limits of the sector.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24 May. 2023