Waiters / Waitresses Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 14:56 General Nairobi Reference: 1795
Brites Management Services Limited is one of the best leading Recruitment and HR consultancy companies in Nairobi, Kenya. We are registered and incorporated under Companies Act (Cap. 486) and we provide a complete range of HR Solutions. Our sole focus is to simplify the complexities of the HR department and help companies concentrate on the core business as we handle HR tasks more efficiently and accurately. We have diverse staff of seasoned professionals who are passionate about value addition to our clients. We deliver our services in a professional manner offering expertise support that amplifies a company’s potential by having a systematic process to not only offer the best talents but also other performance monitoring services. Over the years, we have acted as a preferred and the best Recruitment and HR Consultancy Company in Kenya, Africa, Middle East and handling assignments from all corners of the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Greeting guests and taking drink and food orders
- Staying attentive to the needs of guests in the dining area
- Delivering food from the kitchen to the guests
- Ensuring the food order is made correctly by kitchen staff and looks presentable for guests
- Following health code standards with regards to the handling of food
- Performing shift duties like delivering racks of cups to the service station, rolling silverware, wiping tables and ensuring the dining area is clean
- Collect payments from customers.
- Enter patrons’ orders on order slips or computer for transmittal to kitchen staff
- Check patrons’ identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
- Clean tables or counters after patrons have finished dining
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods on request
- Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Diploma or Certificate holders
- 2-5 years’ work experience as a waiter/waitress in a busy hotel
- Flexible to work in alternate shifts
- Good communication skills
- Very presentable with excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of various cuisines and drinks
- Hands-on experience with POS- point of sale system
- Basic math skills
- Attentiveness and patience for customers
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Active listening skills and very swift
- Young and energetic
- Extremely high personal hygiene
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to email@example.com
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 31 May. 2023