Venture Success Manager Full-time JobMay 10th, 2023 at 09:18 General Nairobi Reference: 2104
Founders Factory Africa (FFA) is unlike any place else you’ve ever worked. We are venture builders dedicated to solving some of Africa’s biggest challenges and capitalizing on it’s incredible potential by leveraging market and tech opportunities. Over the next five years, we’ll build 24 businesses from scratch and scale 64 existing growth-stage ventures through our venture development programs. Backed by leading corporates, such as Standard Bank – the continent’s largest bank – we have access to their vast resources, infrastructure, and expertise and will bring those to bear for all our ventures and entrepreneurs. Starting with FinTech, HealthTech, and AgriTech FFA will expand our focus as we grow, adding other sectors.
- Executing on the strategic direction of a business including organising the internal team and the venture towards measurable outcomes. This includes:
- Working with the team and founders to establish and drive key metrics that benchmark as-is and that can be used to track progress.
- Facilitating monthly planning meetings with founders and Studio to ensure alignment on priorities and a path towards key outcomes. Attending board meetings to provide any context necessary and to get input from the founders and VP that might clarify areas of execution and strategy.
- Supporting founder and team participation through effective governance.
- Consistently radiating information about the start-up’s progress and challenges to the Venture Partner and internal teams, as well as coaching the founders on doing the same. Proactively taking on tasks and doing some of the work to take us closer to our goals.
- Driving continuous improvements to our team processes, collaborating closely with our studio, sourcing and portfolio teams. This includes imparting new ways of work and best practice in terms of collaboration and reporting.
- Ensuring a market-leading founder experience through collating and addressing founder feedback, and coordinating our team of experts to achieve the set goals.
- Tracking and reporting on business progress and key metrics for internal and external stakeholders.
- Building relationships and networks that create value for our portfolio companies. Empowering founders to find the resources they need to solve their challenges.
- Previous experience in managing multifunctional teams
- Has held a management-level position or equivalent
- Experience in project, programme or product management or in a start-up, accelerator or VC firm
- Demonstrated experience in developing success metrics, monitoring progress, and successfully delivering on project objectives, KPIs, etc.
- Deep understanding and engagement with the venture and startup ecosystem, either as a founder, employee, or mentor
- Execution-focused, details oriented, takes ownership, and loves solving problems
- Passion for technology and supporting entrepreneurs in their journey
- Highly self-directed with an ability to get a lot done with sometimes limited direction
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31 May. 2023
Founders Factory Africa (FFA)