Talent Acquisition & Management Advisor Full-time JobMay 11th, 2023 at 15:02 General Nairobi Reference: 2490
About the Opportunity
- As we scale, the People & Culture (P&C) department is continuously aligning with business priorities to be well placed to serve the fast growing Organization both operationally and strategically.
- There is a need for a Talent Acquisition & Management Advisor to contribute to the P&C Strategy, focusing mainly on talent acquisition and management in Kenya.
- Attracting the best, contributing to the development and implementation of processes to ensure competent, dedicated and capable employees so the company maintains a long-term sustainable competent workforce. This is an exciting position for the right candidate who thrives on talent development.
- Reporting to the Director, People & Culture, the Talent Acquisition & Management Advisor can expect these range of responsibilities, among others.
Develop and Implement hiring strategies (30% time)
- Design and implement the recruiting strategy that is aligned to the Organization’s long term strategy
- Design and drive the adoption of consistent recruiting, interviewing and hiring practices that support a strong candidate experience
- Develop job descriptions for all new positions and ensure that existing job descriptions across Inkomoko’s operations are updated and aligned with the organization’s culture, values, and diversity and inclusion goals
- Define and lead executive hiring projects focused on continuous improvement with a focus on executive hire
- Collaborate with department managers on a regular basis and proactively identify future hiring needs
- Recommend diverse talent attraction strategies e.g. social media networks and employee referrals etc.
Recruitment and Employer branding (30% time)
- Recruitment: post open positions, generate applicants, screen applicants in the Recruitment system in collaboration with the hiring manager for all Inkomoko locations. The Associate will proactively source and identify qualified candidates using various methods such as job fairs, social media like LinkedIn, networking and employee referrals
- Interviewing: In collaboration with the hiring department, support in setting up interviews with candidates, edit Job matrix documents and share materials before interviews, compile reviewer feedback, prepare and administer assessments for applicants in a professional & timely manner
- Hiring: Support in conducting reference checks, provide relevant information for finalization of contracts
- Communications: Highly professional correspondence to successful/unsuccessful candidates and ensure that timely feedback has been provided to all non-manager level positions on the outcome of the recruitment process (ensure a positive candidate experience)
- Employer Branding: Work closely with the Regional to ensure that all social media platforms and the employee slack jobs channel have relevant information and up to date information. Advise on ways of improvement to boost the organization’s employer brand across the locations
- Provide timely information to the supervisor to ensure that the company recruitment tracker is updated with actual status of recruitment process steps and that no vacancy is left behind
- Reporting and Compliance: The Advisor will ensure that all documentation and records relating to the recruitment process are accurate, complete, and compliant with legal requirements for the P&C Department
Onboarding of new employees (20% time)
- On-boarding: Coordinate onboarding meetings of all new staff, communicating to various team members to ensure successful onboarding documents and tools are prepared on-time (P&C forms, assign onboarding buddies, onboarding schedule and, first day’s meetings schedule, etc.)
- Coordinate the Organization wide orientation programs (first day. First week, first month and first quarter)
- Act as a consultant and the go-to person to all new employees
- Support in the creation of an onboarding pack for each new employee
- Introduce all new hires to current employees and other relevant stakeholders
- Gather candidate experience feedback from new hires to improve the P&C services
- Assist in the existing employee’s movements to new Departments or positions
Talent Management & Succession planning (20% time)
- Coordinate talent management programs and the implementation of the career management program and succession plans
- Drive succession planning by matching identified key positions and identified potential successors talent
- Review succession plans on a regular basis, check whether potential successors are still available or whether job requirements or successor qualifications have changed, and whether potential successors’ development is proceeding according to plan
- Potential assessment, identify and assess career development potential of employees, including the identification of emerging talent
- Develop, implement & follow up the Inkomoko job rotational program.
- Inkomoko has found that the happiest and most effective colleagues are proactive, resourceful, self-motivated go-getters with a can-do attitude, who support their teammates with sincerity. They are strategic, but also willing to roll up their sleeves. They give and receive feedback freely.
- For this role, the successful candidate will have these qualities:
- Bachelor Degree in HR, Management, Psychology, Business, Finance, Law or any other related field
- 6-8 years of working experience in HR with exposure to recruitment or talent acquisition and management
- Absolute confidentiality and discretion is required of this position
- Ability to manage several activities simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent communicator in spoken and written Amharic & English with excellent presentation skills
- Good collaboration skills – approachable, warm, honest, transparent, and able to manage up with confidence and the ability to build relationships with colleagues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and HR Management Systems (e.g: Odoo)
- Experience in working independently on projects
What You’ll Get
This role is inside a high-growth, mission-driven social enterprise. By joining, you’ll access:
- Competitive salary, and potential KPI-based bonus
- Incredible company culture, including deep investment in your learning and growth
- Diverse colleagues and policies that show our commitment to equity and inclusion
- Talented, passionate, and committed team colleagues across the region
- Ability to make a significant social impact to your community
- Generous health insurance, staff savings, parental leave, sabbatical, and more benefits.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 22 May. 2023