Studio Technician Full-time JobMay 11th, 2023 at 15:45 General Nairobi Reference: 2519
Mount Kenya University (MKU) is a fully fledged chartered university committed to a broad-based, wholistic and inclusive system of education. It has an overall goal of promoting human resource development for society’s progressive good. The university has adopted several international best practices in its core functions, which has enabled its students and faculty win awards, thus stamping its authority as a centre of excellence. At its main campus in Thika town in the outskirts of Kenya’s capital Nairobi, the university is transforming a hitherto industrial town into an educational hub. At the same time, it is widening access to higher education for the larger East African Community through a well-structured network of campuses.
Qualifications (Education, Skills and Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in specialized in Journalism, mass media and related fields
- Specialization in electronic media 0r broadcast journalism of media production
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience at Grade 9 or at a similar position in a recognized academic institution.
- Diploma in Journalism, mass media and related fields
- Specialization in electronic media 0r broadcast journalism or media production
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience at a similar position in a recognized academic institution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Head, Department of Journalism and Mass Communication in the day-to-day activities in the journalism studios and laboratories.
- Setting up, testing and operating equipment to suit any audio-visual production.
- Guiding students in their practical undertakings.
- Providing technical support during outdoor recording.
- Operate equipment to mix, combine and edit audio-visual productions.
- Ensure smooth functioning of the internet in the studio and laboratory.
- Monitoring the quality of productions for students’ projects and for broadcast.
- Recording and directing productions during events.
- Explore new ICT tools for maximizing effectiveness of the studio activities.
- Servicing, maintaining, and repairing studio equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance of all studio equipment including networking.
- Regular supervision and maintenance of computer and related accessories.
- Maintaining studio inventory.
- Supervising students’ practical sessions.
- Participating in maintaining the general safety of the studio
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Head, Department of Journalism and Mass Communication
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 17 May. 2023