STAFF ASSOCIATE/LECTURER / SENIOR LECTURER / ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR / PROFESSOR IN SOCIAL STATISTICS Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 15:55 General Lilongwe Reference: 1842
Successful applicant will be required to teach social, economic and demographic statistics.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
Applicants must possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree with credit in any of the following areas of specialization: statistics, economics, demography or related fields.
- For the post of Lecturer, candidates must have a master’s degree in any of the following areas of specialization: statistics, economics, demography or related fields
- For the post of Senior Lecturer, Associate Professor, or Professor, candidates must have a good record of publications in their field of expertise, and must show evidence of initiative in research
- Must demonstrate work experience as an academia from recognized universities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Successful candidates for academic positions will be undertaking the following duties:
- Teaching and supervising undergraduate and postgraduate students;
- Conducting research in their area of specialization, as well as within the broader areas of the department;
- Participating in departmental, faculty, College and university wide committees;
- Participating in outreach and consultancy services within the broader areas of the department; and
- Carrying out any duties as may be assigned by the Head of Department.
Applications including detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and names of three traceable referees should be submitted not later 17th may 2023 to the address below clearly indicating the post being applied for.
University of Malawi
P.O. Box 280