Software Engineering Manager, Android Growth Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 13:08 General Nairobi Reference: 1660
Google is an American multinational technology company specializing in Internet-related services and products that include online advertising technologies, search, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with technical management of software developers and architects.
- Experience designing and implementing distributed systems, Android, and mobile operating systems in general.
- Experience programming in one or more of the following: Java, C++, or Kotlin.
About the job
- Like Google’s own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started — and as a manager, you guide the way.
- As a Software Engineering Manager, you will manage an engineering team on Android Growth based in Nairobi, Kenya. You will also be working with the Android team in Singapore, India, London, and a co-located team of Product Managers (PM), User Experience Designers and Researchers (UX), and other functions like marketing and business development in Nairobi. You will have an opportunity to replicate a startup experience, within Google, and impact a large consumer base directly. You will collaborate with the broader Android organization and the ecosystem, and drive personal growth. This role is a key part of our first ever Africa Development Center.
- The Platforms and Ecosystems product area encompasses Google’s various computing software platforms across environments (desktop, mobile, applications). The products provide enterprises, and ultimately end users, the ability to utilize and manage their services at scale. We build innovative and compelling software products—from apps to TVs, from laptops to phones—that have an impact on people’s lives across the world.
- Develop the strategy, direction, technical, and product roadmap with Program Managers for Users, Developers, and Partners in growth markets.
- Develop the team including hiring, mentoring, team organization, equitable distribution of work, and performance management.
- Set up processes for effective execution and communication with the Technical Program Managers.
- Collaborate with different roles: Android Partner Engineering, Developer Relations, and other functions.
- Take initiative to code, train the team, and push forward projects, when needed.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31 May. 2023