Social Media Manager Full-time JobMay 10th, 2023 at 09:30 General Nairobi Reference: 2126
The World Agroforestry Centre, is an international institute headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, and founded in 1978. The Centre specializes in the sustainable management, protection and regulation of tropical rainforest and natural reserves.
The goal of this position is to increase the reach, exposure, and impact of CIFOR-ICRAF activities across all its social media channels by developing and implementing a cutting-edge strategy.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead, manage and grow CIFOR-ICRAF’s social media channels to drive continued growth and promote the organization’s work (research, publications, events, blogs, etc.) and impact. Protect and build the organization’s reputation.
- Coordinate, create, plan, source, draft, and schedule content daily to maintain a solid social media presence across all platforms.
- Ensure all content is of a high quality and in line with CIFOR-ICRAF editorial standards.
- Develop a strong network and grow the reach, followers, and influence of CIFOR-ICRAF online.
- Develop, implement, and manage a strategy for CIFOR-ICRAF’s social media channels to ensure best practices.
- Regularly monitor and report on set key performance indicators to achieve the goals set on the social media strategy.
- Support in paid marketing activities to expand reach and impact.
- Manage and monitor online communities to help in facilitating meaningful exchanges among its members.
- Other tasks as required.
Education, knowledge and experience
- University degree in relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Exceptional understanding of social media KPIs
- 2 years of experience as a Social Media Manager or similar role
- International experience with NGO or comparable organization an advantage
- Demonstrated familiarity with story content development
- Demonstrated familiarity with social listening tools for analysis and monitoring, such as Sprout, Social, Keyhole, Union Metrics, Hootsuite, Crowdbooster, Hashtracking, Tweetdeck, Facebook and Twitter Insights, Meltwater and NodeXL
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other social media best practices
- Fluency in formal and idiomatic English; other major languages (especially Spanish, French, and Indonesian) an asset
Personal attributes and competencies
- Excellent time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31 May. 2023