Senior Underwriter FAK Full-time JobMay 10th, 2023 at 12:54 General Nairobi Reference: 2239
Absa Bank Limited (Absa) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays Africa Group Limited. Absa offers personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, wealth and investment management as well as bancassurance.
- To work in the capacity of Senior Underwriter/Supervisor in a unit dealing with Quotations in the department to avoid delays and poor quality business.
- Supervise the assigned underwriting team to ensure the Key Departmental deliveries are achieved especially on corporate quotations.
- Create strong underwriting technical capacity to enable us implement our 2023 -2026 Company strategy around tilting our business to non-motor
- Create a specialized QUOTATIONS unit within underwriting.
- Ensure risks are properly underwritten as per the company’s underwriting guidelines and within prescribed mandates.
- Ensure retention of existing business by timely invitation of renewals
- Posting Underwriting transactions and other related tasks within the prescribed timelines
- Receive Risk Notes, Issuing Debit notes and Policy Documents
- Processing policy documents for the new businesses
- Assist in Processing Loss ratio reports and review business performance
- Assist claims department by providing the required documents and details immediately
- Ensure 100% adherence to the debt management guidelines.
- Customer and Intermediary Relationship management
- Bachelor’s Degree – Insurance, Actuarial, Mathematics or Economics
- Minimum of 10 papers in ACII or AIK qualification
- 5 years of Experience in Insurance (technical area)
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31 May. 2023