SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 17:52 General Lilongwe Reference: 1938
The Malawi Legal Aid Bureau, established under the Legal Aid Act of 2010, is a national public institution mandated to provide legal aid to persons with insufficient means. In a bid to provide quality legal aid service to the nation, the Bureau invites applications from qualified candidates to fill the following vacant posts:
Vacancy Number : LAB/1/23
Title : Senior Internal Auditor (1 Post)
Grade : Grade H
Responsible to : Deputy Director
Salary : Salary range of Grade H in the Legal Aid Bureau
Duty Station : Blantyre
Duties and responsibilities
- Leading the full audit cycle by checking tax compliance, verifying financial records, and inspecting accounts.
- Analyzing the results of the audit and presenting possible solutions for ineffective financial practices to management.
- Evaluating the Bureau’s accounting procedures, payroll, inventory, and tax statements to guide financial policymaking.
- Conducting risk assessments to recommend preventive and cost saving measures.
- Following up with management to ensure recommendations are incorporated into the Bureau’s financial practices and implemented.
- Supervising junior auditing personnel.
- Preparing and reviewing annual audit memorandums.
- Researching applicable laws and regulations to ensure the Bureau’s is compliant at all times.
- Any other task in relation to the post as assigned from time to time
Qualifications and other Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Internal Auditing, Accounting, Finance, or any related field.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in accounting or auditing.
- Strong knowledge of auditing standards, procedures, laws, rules, and regulations.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Advanced computer skills and working knowledge of auditing software, such as CAMS and Audit Board.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work with large amounts of complex financial data.
- Solid communication and leadership skills.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates should submit application letters, Curriculum Vitae with three (3) traceable referees and copies of professional certificates to the following address:
Malawi Legal Aid Bureau
1st Floor Shire Building, Off Paul Kagame Road,
P.O. Box 675,
Or Email to: email@example.com
All applications should reach the Director not later than 5:00 pm on 16th May, 2023.