Senior DevOps Engineer Full-time JobMay 10th, 2023 at 13:06 General Nairobi Reference: 2246
Prospa is a technology company building the operating system for African entrepreneurs and businesses. Our mission is to support Africans in building financial prosperity.
- We are seeking a knowledgeable and decisive Senior DevOps Engineer to join Prospa Fintech in our growing Engineering Department.
- The Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for driving operational and technical efficiency and quality by remaining up-to-date on the latest technological advancements. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional leader and collaborator, with a passion for developing and maintaining scalable cloud infrastructure, and have 6 years minimum experience in DevOps Engineering.
- This role reports directly to the Principal Engineering Manager and there is opportunity for significant growth.
Successful Prospa People exhibit the following:
- Mission driven
- Independent thinking
- Self motivated
- High performers
- Design and enhance cloud architecture for optimal performance, security, and usability.
- Implement, maintain, monitor, and support cloud infrastructure.
- Collect and review business and operations requirements to improve overall user experience.
- Collaborate with multiple vendors to create scalable cloud infrastructure and security solutions.
- Work with cross-functional teams to conceptualize, develop, and release software versions.
- Schedule and deploy releases, fixes, patches, and updates as needed.
- Ensure that our environments are secure and protected against security breaches, attacks, and other vulnerabilities.
- Document and maintain configuration management and environment settings.
- Suggest alterations to release workflow to improve efficiency, quality, and success.
- Identify areas for operational optimization based on market gaps and technological advancements.
- Develop and maintain service quality monitoring and systems management solutions.
- Design procedures for system and network troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues by deploying updates and fixes, and provide level 2 support.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks for automatic code deployment (CI/CD).
- Implement automated backup/restore, failover, and load balancing solutions over the cloud.
Skills & Qualifications
- Solid understanding of DevOps principles, practices, and Agile Scrum development disciplines.
- Experience with all phases of the software product life cycle, from conception to release and end-of-life.
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure, products and its DevOps dashboard console, as well as AWS CloudWatch, Sentry, and SQL database management.
- Strong system administration and scripting skills for Linux infrastructure.
- Experience with version control, release management, and deployment tools such as GitHub/Bit bucket, CI/CD.
- Knowledge of systems and platforms security features and implementing security disciplines.
- Proven familiarity with infrastructure security and code security, source protection methods.
- Working experience of Terraform on Infrastructure As Code principle, Helm Charts for deployments.
Other Desirable Skills & Qualifications
- Amazon Web Services: IAM, EC2, VPC, ELB, ALB, Autoscaling, Lambda.
- Amazon Web Managed Products: EC2, ECS, ECR, SES, Elasticache, RDS, Redshift.
- Infrastructure-As-Code: Terraform (Mandatory).
- Configuration Management: Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform.
- Version Control and Code Storage Platforms: GitHub, BitBucket.
- Containerizing & Clustering: Compose, Docker, Dockerfiles, ECS, Helm, Kubernetes, Nginx, Vagrant.
- CI/CD Implementation: AppVeyor, Circle CI, Drone, GitLab, Jenkins, Mule, Spinnaker, TravisCI.
- Networking Concepts: Firewalls, NAT, Port
Here’s Just Some Of Our Prospa Perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical cover
- Paid time off (leave days)
- Work tools
- We invest in our employees through career development & opportunities
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31 May. 2023