Senior Analytics Platform Engineer (Remote) Full-time JobMay 10th, 2023 at 12:56 General Nairobi Reference: 2241
M-KOPA’s mission is to make high quality energy affordable to everyone. OUR GROWTH SO FAR… M-KOPA has connected more than 400,000 homes in Kenya,Tanzania and Uganda to solar power with over 550 new homes being added every day.
YOU ARE EXCITED ABOUT THIS ROLE BECAUSE YOU WILL:
- You will have experience with different data pipeline strategies (e.g. some combination of traditional batch ETL, CDC, event-based).
- You would like to learn about new practices but also pragmatic about when to support existing approaches vs. when to evolve.
- You will shape the way we use technology and the outcomes by bringing DevOps mentality and best practices to the team.
- You will use your experience with, infrastructure-as-code, continuous integration, automated deployment, and first-class observability.
- Use your experience and ideas to help our team apply these patterns to data pipelines.
- Bring your expertise with Databases and/or Data Warehouses performance tuning experience to ensure our queries are performant.
- We want you to relish owning challenges, solving difficult problems and helping us prioritise changes that bring the best value.
WE ARE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE IN:
- Experienced with architectural patterns and abstract capabilities.
- Advanced skills in SQL and Python and are demonstrating a high standard for code development within team.
- Advocate for DevOps Culture and CI / CD best practices.
- You can develop moderate to complex data science models and pipelines.
- You’re using version control for collaborative development.
- You can produce data models and understand where to use different types of data models.
- You understand different tools and can compare between different data models.
BENEFITS, WHAT’S IN FOR YOU:
- Private health insurance (inpatient outpatient, parental time off, eye care, and dental)
- Group Life Cover
- Remote working (dependent on the nature of the role)
- Airtime allowance (dependent on the nature of the role)
- WIFI payment up to 5 Mbps monthly (dependent on the nature of the role)
- 21 days per annum (excluding public holidays). Annual leave is accrued at the standard rate of 1.75 days per month
- Annual Learning and Development Fund – You have an annual $ 1,200 allowance to spend on learning and development (that is, between 1 January and 31 December). For your first year at M-KOPA, this allowance is pro-rated depending on the month that you start.
- Home Office Set Up – Having the best IT equipment tools in the world doesn’t make sense if you do not have a proper setup to work with. For this reason, M-KOPA will pre-approve the following items for a total budget of $1000 that you can use at any time after signing the offer letter with M-KOPA
- On site retreats with wider tech team, plus trips to operational markets
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31 May. 2023