Senior Accounts Manager Full-time JobMay 12th, 2023 at 13:38 General Lilongwe Reference: 2728
The Southeastern Africa Consultants (https://southeasternafricaconsultants.com) is an African leading consultancy in delivering integrated and sustainable solutions, shaping today and tomorrow. On behalf of our client who is into eco-tourism business would like to engage the services of a competent and dynamic individual to fill the post of Senior Accounts Manager in Lilongwe.
Position: Senior Accounts Manager
Purpose of the Job
To provide strategic leadership, direction and guidance on prudent use and management of all financial and material resources to enable the company achieve its goals in the most efficient and effective manner. Reporting to the Managing Director, the incumbent will be responsible for overseeing and managing accounting and sales team and ensuring that the financial reports and statements are delivered on time.
- Manage all accounting transactions.
- Prepare budget forecasts.
- Publish financial statements in time.
- Handle monthly, quarterly, and annual closings.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns.
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements.
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary.
- Comply with financial policies and regulations.
- Evaluate the processes in assigned business accounts with possible solutions when needed.
- Contribute to the enhancement of the company’s revenue.
- Manage company’s sales process.
- Use client feedback to improve customer experience.
- Report on sales results on a regular basis and suggest improvements.
Qualifications And Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in accountancy or related field.
- Fully registered member with Institute of Chartered Accountants of Malawi (ICAM)
- At least five (5) years relevant post qualification experience at management level in a reputable organization.
- A training in insurance field will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of financial management
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel and Access).
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of accounting packages
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team with leadership skills for coaching and developing employees.
- Mature and good communicator with adequate negotiating skills
- Familiarity with sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication skills with a customer service attitude
- Attention to details and ability to analyze data.
- Ability to think strategically coupled with good understanding of the hospitality/tourism industry.
- Ability to work long hours and of good ethical values.
Method Of Application
Interested candidates should submit application letters, Curriculum Vitae with three (3) traceable referees and copies of professional certificates to The Recruiting Manager through the following Email: email@example.com not later than 5:00 pm on 13th May 2023.