SACCO General Manager Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 14:01 General Lilongwe Reference: 1720
ORGANISATION: PCL GROUP SACCO
PCL GROUP SACCO, an affiliate of the Malawi Union of Savings & Credit Cooperatives Limited (MUSCCO), a member owned and democratically controlled financial cooperative society, licensed and regulated by the Reserve Bank of Malawi whose aim is to improve the economic and social welfare of its memberships, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following position.
JOB TITLE: SACCO GENERAL MANAGER
DUTY STATION: HEAD OFFICE – BLANTYRE
Job Summary: The Sacco Manager will be responsible for providing an effective and efficient management of the SACCO and compliance to the cooperatives Act.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Sacco team to ensure timely processing of all Sacco operations.
- Manage Sacco financial resources and assets to ensure achievements of set Sacco objectives. Direct and supervise administration and processing of loans as per set guidelines.
- Manage costs within budget limits to achieve business growth as outlined in the strategic plan.
- Prepare, analyze, and present comprehensive financial Sacco reports.
- Review and update, develop and implement SACCO policies and procedures.
- Oversee annual and ad-hoc audits of the SACCO.
- Ensure compliance and keep up to date with statutory and regulatory requirements and provide guidance to ensure that the Executive Committee, Committees, and management are operating within the limits as set in the Cooperatives Act and SACCO Byelaws.
- Prepare, arrange, and attend to SACCO committees’ meetings and other SACCO scheduled meetings.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Executive Committee from time to time.
Communication and Working Relations
- Keep good relations with internal and external clients and collect all money due.
- Coordinate with MUSCCO, CHAPTER 1 and Regulator on issues of compliance on matters of; directives and Sacco management.
- Supervise the team and ensure the preparation of monthly and final accounts.
- Coordinate with the pay in parties, i.e., Payroll and ensure deductions are made monthly.
- Supervise the reconciliation of the Sacco accounts and ensure that money is not lost due to errors.
Scope for Impact
- The Sacco provides saving opportunities for the members, it channels savings into loans, it helps members savings grow through investing.
- The Sacco manager must understand the operations of the institution and help review processes and advises management on the way forward.
- He/she must ensure that information entered the system is free from any errors and in accordance with International financial reporting standards and the SACCO.
- Ensure authorization of all payments, manages relationships with customers and the bankers to maximize income collection.
- The Sacco manager must keep abreast with the changes in taxation policies, Cooperatives Act and International Financial Reporting Standards in order to protect the SACCO from penalties due to non-compliance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a degree in, Finance, Commerce, Business Administration, management, or any relevant field.
- At least level three of ACCA/ ICAM
- Practical and sufficient knowledge in Sacco management
- Behavioral competences such as honesty and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- At least four years’ relevant experience in management and administration of Sacco’s or financial institutions.
- Good understanding of Sacco principles
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form.
- Leadership skills and ability to make decisions.
- Team player.
Method of Application
Applications enclosing CVs and copies of certificates; should be forwarded to the email address below not later than Friday, 12th May 2023.