Road Logistics Full and Part Loads Specialist Full-time JobMay 10th, 2023 at 09:24 General Nairobi Reference: 2116
With approximately 69,000 employees at more than 1,200 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions.
- To manage the safe and efficient transportation of goods for road logistics business unit. This includes planning and coordinating transportation activities, ensuring compliance with transportation regulations, and managing communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and supervising all transport activities and related claims.
- Monitor all Kuehne + Nagel trucks under their supervision, plan loading on all cleared cargo from Kenya Ports Authority and or Container Freight Station (KPA/CFS).
- Keep proper records of all transport subcontractors and their full details – logbooks, Goods in Transit (GIT) insurance certificates, rates, and all relevant licenses and/or permits.
- Liaise with KTA (Kenya Transport Association) officials for information and staff training on transport/claims and insurance.
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting on daily loadings record and weekly loadings summary reports are maintained and submitted for timely billing.
- Keep a detailed track record of cargo movement and loadings at Kenya Ports Authority (KPA).
- Liaise with other business units (Sea Logistics & Air Logistics) field staff in monitoring the movement of all cargo under Kuehne + Nagel and ensure that containers are returned to designated depots within the stipulated period.
- Monitor container demurrage-related claims and prepare reports on a regular basis.
Your Skills and Experiences
- Degree/Diploma in Transport Management
- 2-5 years’ experience in Road Logistics Operations.
- Good knowledge of Road/Automotive Logistics Industry.
- Must be computer literate.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good team player.
- Vehicle tracking & Accounting Modules knowledge.
- Keen on details, agile, ability to learn quickly and open minded.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31 May. 2023