Risk Management Specialist Full-time JobMay 12th, 2023 at 13:20 General Lilongwe Reference: 2711
Export Development Fund (EDF/the Fund) is a development finance institution (DFI) mandated to promote the growth as well as diversification of the country’s exports. EDF’s mission is to accelerate structural transformation in Malawi through various funded and non-funded interventions availed to businesses in growth sectors of the economy. EDF also plays a leading role in job creation by investing in ambitious projects and initiatives with the aim of enhancing the competitiveness of Malawi’s exports.
EDF’s dynamic team is motivated towards the collective goal of transforming Malawi’s exporting sector for accelerated economic development.
Exciting opportunities have arisen for energetic and innovative individuals to join EDF. We are therefore, inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:
RISK MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
The Risk Management Specialist will be responsible for providing expert guidance in identifying and managing enterprise-wide risks of the company. The Risk Management Specialist’s responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- Coordinate activities of risk champions and ensure that unit-level risk registers are correct and up to date.
- Conduct a systematic assessment of risks to business operations, identifying key risks and mitigation factors.
- Continually update and monitor the consolidated enterprise risk register to ensure that the information is correct and detailed mitigation plans are documented.
- Produce risk dashboards and produce monthly and quarterly reports of key risks.
- Interrogate business transactions and ensure that risks have been fully and correctly identified.
- Continually update and monitor the business continuity plan and business impact analysis.
- Regularly research risk trends in the industry, with a special focus on compliance risk in the financial services sector.
- Design and deliver risk awareness training.
- Participate in the implementation of the Integrity Protection\/Whistle-Blower program including conducting administrative investigations.
- Develop risk management tools to enhance the efficiency of the risk management process.
- Develop new or amend existing policies to address identified control weaknesses.
- Provide input to Assets and Liability Management reports.
Qualifications and core competencies
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Banking, Economics, or Accounting.
- Possession of a risk management professional certification, preferably one relevant to the banking or financial services industry.
- Possession of a Master’s degree in any relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Not less than 5 years of risk management experience, preferably in a financial services sector institution.
- Work experience in applying the Basel banking supervision accords in an international financial service institution.
- Experience in conducting foreign buyer and country risk assessments.
- In-depth knowledge of Malawi development finance institution directives.
- Experience with a risk management computer application.
- Strong organizational skills. Project management skills are a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Hands-on experience with data visualization software with an emphasis on business intelligence.
Method Of Application
Interested candidates should submit their applications clearly indicating the position together with detailed CV and names of three (3) traceable referees by close of business, Friday, 26th May, 2023 via email to email@example.com
All applications should be addressed to:
The Managing Director
Export Development Fund Limited
First Floor, Public Service Pension Fund Building,
Presidential Way Drive
P.O. Box 30063
Only shortlisted applicants shall be acknowledged and invited for interviews. EDF is an equal opportunity employer as such, women are encouraged to apply.