Equity Bank Limited (The “Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 – 00200 Nairobi. The Bank is licensed under the Kenya Banking Act (Chapter 488), and continues to offer retail banking, microfinance and related services. The Bank has subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda and Tanzania. Its shares are listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Equity Bank was founded as Equity Building Society (EBS) in October 1984 and was originally a provider of mortgage financing for the majority of customers who fell into the low income population.
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below within International Banking and Payments Department.
- The Risk & Compliance Manager shall be responsible for managing the various activities relating to financial crime/ market compliance risk assessment activities as they pertain to the portfolio of existing Equity Bank Group International Banking products and services.
- This is a regional role that will interface with a range of stakeholders across Equity Group Subsidiaries. The position holder will be expected to identify, measure, monitor and mitigate product inherent and residual risks so that business objectives are met in compliance with the bank’s risk appetite.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Perform risk assessments for new and on-going International Banking projects for purposes of ensuring compliance to relevant country, regional and global regulations and guidelines.
- Take ownership of the Regional Compliance risk assessment annual plan, this will include follow-up of the product business plan execution, the assessment of AML/CFT/Fraud/Markets compliance risks tied to payment and FX hedging products, the recommendation of mitigating controls and the production of product risk assessment documents for new strategic initiatives.
- Provide guidance and advisory by answering queries related to products as part of business project reviews covering various risk categories, including geographical risks.
- Enhance collaboration within Equity Bank subsidiaries and partners on KYC, AML, and sanction issues using the latest technologies to enable prevention, detection, fraud or financial crimes through amalgamation of client data for streamlined and secure processes.
- Sensitize stakeholders at strategic and operational levels of Equity Bank Group on the International Banking regulations and processes accordingly and subsequently recommend enhanced training opportunities.
- Ensure that the various units of International Banking are trained and advised on the product risks accompanying their business projects, including creation and overseeing the activities of a joint product risk committee.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of products and product features by working closely with partners, subsidiaries and the Enterprise Risk Management departments in Equity Bank group and subsidiaries.
- Determine and recommend system security improvements to enable compliance with best practice system risk & security requirements and global General Data Protection Guidelines, GDPR.
- Build relationships with the Bank’s internal departments and management to allow for successful collaboration in mitigating exposures that are a threat to International Banking and the bank’s objectives.
- Perform follow-up and support closure of compliance and risk related audit findings.
- Represent the bank as when required at various levels and platforms both locally and internationally to support the departmental objectives.
Education & Qualifications –.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business management descipline or related field from a reputable instiution is prefered with a post graduate training in Financial services, Risk Management and or compliance as an added advantage.
- A minimum of four years’ successive employment in risk/compliance descipline in a busy organisation, with strong understanding of overall banking operations, systems, and processes.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in KYC and AML Compliance in a regional commercial bank.
- Minimum of 1- 3 years’ experience in policy formulation and dissemination, preferably with knowledge in processes and procedures related to International Banking.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in interaction with banking systems in the risk management or controls front.
- Experience with projects risk management with demonstrated ability to conduct project risk assesments, quality assurance tests and compliance assesments.
- Experience in engaging C-level management and senior executives in facilitating decision-making and reporting.
- Demonstrate understanding of regional and global AML/ KYC, FATCA and CTF compliance regulations within the financial services industry.
- Must have professional membership in Risk Managment and or Compliance with a globally accredited institution.
- Experience in working within a big-data analysis environment with the use of SQL /advanced Excel etc.
Competencies / Attributes / Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to manage and collaborate with geographically diverse teams and matrixed relationships.
- Ability to coach, mentor, train and transfer skills to others
- Adherence to a code of conduct and ethical guidelines.
- Understand, respect and practice the set of organization’s shared vision, mission and values, including mutual respect, equity and justice, honesty and transparency.
- Ability to communicate clearly and demonstrate good interpersonal skills
- High-level integrity and initiative taking and positive attitude towards learning and sharing.
- Ability to network and establish strong relationships with Equity Group partners and relevant stakeholders will be vital.
- Must have team building skills, personnel management and supervision skills.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31 May. 2023