Resource Mobilization Manager Full-time JobJun 1st, 2022 at 12:37 NGO and Social Work Dar es Salaam 100 views Reference: 68
The Resource Mobilization Manager provides strategic leadership and coordination of donor engagement and proposal writing. S/he uses an entrepreneurial approach in working with the UMATI team to develop and submit high-quality institutional and high-value donor proposals that are aligned with defined priorities, demonstrate impact, and offer value for money. S/he is proactive in identifying new and non-traditional sources of funding from a range of institutional donors and working to leverage UMATI’s funding prospects. S/he builds the capacity of staff to develop and manage strategic consortium partnerships with other NGOs and private sector organizations. S/he will also oversee the development and implementation of the UMATI Resource Mobilization Strategy and Business Development Plan in line with the Six years Strategic plan. The incumbent is responsible for analysing and managing the relationship with private and global partners, and all fundraising channels and activities, ensuring engaged and long-term partnerships, as well as flexible and unrestricted resources for UMATI.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(i) Technical Leadership in Proposal development:
· Develop and Execute a Resource Mobilization plan by assisting in identifying new donor prospects and deepening relationships with existing donors.
· Coordinate and support programme team to develop sound proposals according to the Resource Mobilization plan and UMATI’s strategic objectives.
· Support the rollout of appropriate processes, tools and templates (briefing notes, strategy documents, guidelines) to be used for resource mobilization.
· Initiate and lead all aspects of proposal development for UMATI in collaboration with selected proposal development teams.
· Serve as the lead writer on specific components of the proposal by facilitating strategy discussions, drafting the narrative (including executive summary, technical approach, staffing and management, monitoring and evaluation, and organizational capabilities) and incorporating reviewer feedback.
· Establish and enforce timelines, designate roles and responsibilities, and identify partners, at the different stages of proposal development.
· Manage proposal development processes and ensure adherence to UMATI’s policies and procedures.
· Review, revise and edit proposals developed by the country technical teams for soundness and compliance with donor requirements.
· Coordinate and manage strategic consortium partnerships with appropriate local and international NGOs, CSOs, academic organizations and private sector firms for specific proposals to leverage UMATI’s chances of success in competitive calls for proposals and tender bids.
· Prepare monthly reports on the pipeline, bid submission, bid wins/losses and submit to the Head of Programmes.
· Keep a repository of all the proposals submitted by all the Programme departments
(ii) Donor Intelligence, Funding Opportunity Identification and Tracking:
· Work with the Head of Programmes, UMATI HQ Resource Mobilization team to gather, update and share intelligence on upcoming opportunities, pipelines, and donor priorities.
· Conduct Donor intelligence gathering.
· Develop, nurture and cultivate relationships with donors and strategic partnerships that grow UMATI resources.
· Identify and negotiate potential consortium partnerships with other organizations.
· Identify and negotiate potential support and co-funding opportunities from IPPF Africa Region and other donors for UMATI programmes sustainability.
· Regularly send out an updated tracker with information on funding opportunities to the Head of Programmes.
· Maintain an up-to-date register of all donor databases.
(iii) Capacity development
· Build the capacity of UMATI staff through coaching, mentorship, and direct training to participate in technical and cost proposals and other business development efforts through mentoring and direct training.
· As a member of the UMATI Core resource mobilization team, contribute to the continuous improvement of UMATI’s systems for identifying, tracking, and pursuing new business opportunities, developing proposals and budgets, and managing institutional knowledge.
· Support learning environment, share information and maintain confidentiality.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Management/Economics/Marketing/Community development/Program management/Project Planning and development, or related areas.
· At least five (5) years’ relevant experience in planning, managing and implementing projects (with a track record in resource mobilization and fundraising, especially in the not-for-profit sector).
· Excellent leadership, management and teambuilding skills.
· Proven ability to effectively manage relationships with the public and private sector and understanding of corporate social responsibility is an asset.
· Current knowledge of development issues, strategies, as well as programming policies and procedures in international development cooperation.
· Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas, as well as to impart knowledge and teach skills.
· Extensive experience in research and policy-level analysis.
· Experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
· Experience in working with volunteers on governance-related issues would be value added advantage.
· Knowledge of/experience with policy/advocacy and communications, and how to successfully incorporate them into resource mobilization efforts.
· Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills in developing relationships of mutual trust and partnership with internal and external partners and stakeholders; experience in building coalitions.
· Strong supervisory skills and demonstrated experience managing and coaching individuals and teams for achieving results.
· Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment both independently and in teams, effective in time management skills and meet deadlines.
· A self-starter, with good judgment, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities.
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with little direction.
· Knowledge of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights.
· Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications.
· Ability to analyse problems and recommend a course of action.
· Positive and pragmatic approach to achieving results.
· Willing and able to travel extensively on UMATI business.
Mode of Application:
All those who meet the above requirements and would like to apply for the position, should send their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, attaching copies of their academic and professional certificates and three referees with their contacts to [email protected].
The position should be the subject of the email application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The deadline for submitting the application is on 12th June, 2022.
UMATI is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply.