RESEARCH NURSE Full-time JobMay 12th, 2023 at 12:48 General Lilongwe Reference: 2674
The GlucELB project is a research collaboration between the Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHES) and the Karolinska Institute in Sweden. The research project conducts several studies at the pediatric department at Queen Elisabeth Central Hospital in Blantyre, Malawi. The overall objective of the research is to advance the understanding of severely sick children presenting with low blood glucose concentrations. Children are recruited at the Pediatric Accident and Emergency unit of the hospital where most of the research work is taking place.
The study wishes to engage one research nurse who would be required to work full-time under the GlucELB research project at Queens Elizabeth Central Hospital.
Reporting to: Study Coordinator and Investigators
Location: Queen Elisabeth Central Hospital, Blantyre
Duration: 1-year contract (with potential for extension)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Identification, recruitment & consenting of participants for the studies in the paediatric Accident and Emergency department at QECH.
- Sample taking as required by the GlucELB studies.
- Entering correct and complete data into the electronic Case Record Forms.
- Participate in paperwork, administration, and communication within the GlucELB project and take part in regular GlucELB meetings.
- Provide clinical care in the hospital.
- Follow GlucELB Standard Operating Procedures and Good Clinical Practice, hospital guidelines, protect patient confidentiality and keep accurate and detailed patient records.
- Perform any other duties and ad hoc tasks that the GlucELB Coordinators or Investigators will assign.
- Report any problems or uncertainties in the study to the GlucELB Coordinators or Investigators without delay.
- Minimum of Diploma in Nursing
- Registration as a nurse with the Medical Council of Malawi.
- Previous research experience and certification in Good Clinical Practice.
- Previous experience of paediatrics.
- Good inter-personal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Able to live in or close to Blantyre.
- Proficiency in using clinical research software and other computer systems.
Suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications in one pdf file consisting of an application letter, copies of certificates and a detailed Curriculum Vitae with names and contact details of three traceable referees. Applications should be submitted via email to email@example.com and addressed to:
Kamuzu University of Health Sciences
Applications should be received no later than 25th May 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged