||3 years 0 months
||5/19/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org.
The World Bank Office in Lilongwe, Malawi, seeks applications from qualified local candidates for the vacant position of Receptionist to support the office and contribute to the smooth running of the daily operations of the Lilongwe Country Office. Tasks may vary according to the office support needs and requirements of the reception work, but typically encompass basic office functions ranging from photocopying to light word processing.
The Receptionist will be under supervision of the Executive Assistant who is responsible for technical and professional development and performance evaluation of the Receptionist. The Receptionist is an integral part of the Lilongwe Country Office Administration team. Under the Supervision of the Executive Assistant, the incumbent is responsible for:
Roles & Responsibility
• Performs basic office functions including: welcoming visitors guiding and giving them appropriate information, sorting and distributing incoming mails, answering telephones and any other tasks related to the reception, assisting in maintaining unit files in WBDocs, photocopying, delivering urgent mails/messages, managing the pouch system, handling courier services, etc.
• Uses basic keyboard and word processing skills to assist in preparation of short documents, memos, letters, faxes and electronic mail.
• Recording incoming mails, following up outgoing mails.
• Backing up the person in charge of filing documents in WBDocs.
• Maintain/update regularly a data base of CO Contact list and a CO Directory list, including ministries, UN agencies, hospitals, hotels, embassies etc., and arrange for its distribution at regular intervals.
• Preparing a table of all missions (incoming, outgoing) and office leave.
• Backs-up other team members in routine office functions, as required.
• Work implies frequent interaction with other colleagues in Lilongwe Country Office, visiting missions and counterpart staff as well as external clients.
• Updates visitors list.
• Contribute to keeping good and warm work environment as well as good presentation of Lilongwe Country Office reception.
•Technology and systems knowledge – Able to conduct routine work using basic software applications (Microsoft Office, Outlook) and appropriate technology and /or data base management systems.
•Project and task management – Demonstrates attention to details. Able to organize own work and complete assigned tasks according to directions within agreed timeline; seeks guidance in organizing non – routine tasks.
•Institutional policies, processes, and procedures – Displays basic awareness of WB structure and relevant people within the assigned area of responsibility. Demonstrates basic understanding of policies and procedures and has ability to apply them in routine situations.
•Flexibility and adaptability – Demonstrates ability and willingness to learn.
•Client Orientation – Demonstrates positive client service attitude; is able to develop good working relationships with internal/external clients.
•Drive for Results – Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
•Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
•Knowledge, Learning and Communication – Demonstrates tact and judgment, good listening and communication skills. Exhibits interest in learning and enhancing own abilities and sharing knowledge.
•Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making – Demonstrates basic skills in information retrieval and organization, seeks guidance in complex situations.
Qualification and skills required for the position:
•At least diploma in secretarial, business administration with 3 years of experience, preferably in a similar position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
•Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and commitment to work in a team – oriented, in a multi-disciplinary setting within a matrix management environment and ability to interact tactfully and professionally with staff at all levels.
•Sound organizational skills and ability to prioritize and deliver assignments as required, and ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
•Demonstrated organizational skills, resourcefulness, effective time management and ability to handle confidential information.
•Ability to pass relevant Bank Group tests as required.
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. A good command of English and work experience in development organization would be an advantage.
•Excellent phone etiquette ensuring calls and messages are routed in a timely manner to the proper source.
•Good computer literacy.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.