RDP/KE-Design, Monitoring & Evaluation Manage Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 13:07 General Nairobi Reference: 1659
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement, and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability, or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
This position will provide leadership and support to development and emergency response programs including planning and development of new programming, participating in new concept note and proposal development, designing and overseeing monitoring plans for all current and new projects and designing and leading evaluations for targeted development programs and projects. The position will also support and manage consultants hired to conduct independent assessments and evaluations of CWS Kenya programs. The Kenya Country Office Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will also help guide and assess a new CWS Africa development and emergency response monitoring software system. This position is responsible for developing and improving overall monitoring capacity with CWS Kenya staff and implementing partners.
- Ensures rigorous monitoring plans are in place and effectively managed for all CWS Kenya projects, proposals, and program development strategies.
- Provides day-to-day technical assistance to program staff on all issues related to design, monitoring, and evaluation of CWS Kenya development projects and programs.
- Provide technical support to CWS Kenya program team during annual planning.
- With Assistance from the CWS Africa Regional DM&E Director, roll out the Development M&E Software to be used to track the progress of the projects and improve reporting across board.
- Ensures CWS Kenya staff and partners understand and utilize the Development M&E system providing training and follow-up support as needed.
- Develops results-based frameworks for monitoring activities and outcomes against project objectives for all CWS Kenya development programs/projects.
- Develops tools and SOPs for collecting project monitoring data (e.g., pre- and post-tests, case notes, focus group protocol, etc.).
- Leads the design of new CWS Kenya projects and programs and develop proposals, concept notes and funding applications with support from CWS Africa technical experts.
- Provide technical support to programs to ensure mainstreaming of gender, equality, and social inclusion (GESI)
- Liaises closely with CWS Africa Regional and CWS HQ program development colleagues ensuring that CWS Global program standards are respected.
- Conducts staff training on relevant M&E concepts. tools, reviews the application of M&E tools and progress toward project’s annual targets.
- Coordinates donor and headquarter program reporting ensuring robust impact indicators and analysis are included.
- Supports recruitment and training of locally hired M&E Officers for partner agencies and/or provides training to build partner capacity and expertise in designing, implementing, and reporting on monitoring plans.
- Provides additional support around minimum standards, quality and accountability, and other technical areas as necessary.
- Support the project evaluation and research and experiments initiatives (study designs, methodology and field implementation of surveys)
- Implement RDP research/evaluation initiatives undertaken by external consultants including obtaining necessary ethical approvals.
- Design and compilation of key lessons learned and best practices emanating from field implementation and research initiatives.
- Represent RDP at M&E national and international forums including technical working groups, communities of practice, conferences, workshops, and meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- 8 years’ relevant paid work experience is required.
- 5 years of direct supervisory experience is required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the humanitarian or development field; program experience in community development, governance and/or education desired.
- Previous experience monitoring and evaluating humanitarian and/or development programs required; experience monitoring and evaluating projects funded by the U.S. Government, DFID, the EU, and other bi-lateral public donors desired.
- Experience designing and leading training and interactive workshops.
- Experience working with data analysis software and strong analytical skills a must.
- Experience working with and building capacity of partners an advantage.
- Experience mainstreaming GESI in programs
- Strong commitment to teamwork and supporting fellow staff and partners.
- Excellent writing, oral communication, and analytical skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English required; spoken Swahili is an advantage.
- Previous experience in refugee assistance, development, and protection in Africa desired
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., Monitoring and Evaluation Statistics, Public Policy, and Social Science)
- Master’s Degree is preferred
The Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator must have the ability to:
- Have a right to live and work in Kenya
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal effectively and courteously with many associates, outside agencies, refugees, and members of the general public.
- Conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of CWS.
- Maintain a high-performance standard with attention to detail.
- Carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision.
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of CWS.
- Take initiative in the development and completion of projects within the specified timeframe.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with CWS administrative and operational information.
- Manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation.
- Respect other spiritual traditions, both inside and outside of Christianity.
- Find the common purpose and values to enable effective collaboration, including the ability and willingness to engage with church member organizations that have different agendas, theological interpretations of social issues and approaches to serving others.
- Effectively manage CWS’ resources
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
- COVID Vaccination is required for all successful candidates.
- A Certificate of Good Conduct is required before the start of employment
- The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for CWS Africa.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Kenya. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for CWS Africa. Employee will be entrusted with the receipt, custody and payment of money.
- This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
- This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
- Background check which includes references and an educational and criminal check is required before the start of employment.
- A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
- Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
- Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
- Full time
- All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31 May. 2023