Rays of Hope Malawi Full-time JobMay 10th, 2023 at 09:02 General Gaborone Reference: 2092
SHORT-TERM EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY!
Rays of Hope Ministries is a non-profit organization that collaborates with the Malawi government in the achievement of critical development goals present in the Malawi 2063 agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The organization is based out of Blantyre, but operates in Zomba, Mchinji, Ntchisi, Thyolo, Ntcheu and Lilongwe.
In partnership with TotalEnergies Foundation, we will be implementing a safe mobility educational programme called VIA. The VIA programme is implemented directly with young people to make them aware of the risks associated with their daily journeys. VIA’s mission is to encourage young people to become ambassadors of safe mobility so they can be safer on their way to school.
To that end, we seek to recruit two officers with the following specific competencies.
Key Areas of Accountability
1. Actively lead in all the VIA activities that promote safe mobility for children and youth.
2. In collaboration with the program manager support in the design iteration of the program to achieve quality objectives
3. Lead in collaboration with all the relevant stakeholders to ensure the program is implemented successfully.
4. Drive the safe mobility agenda successfully at community level to ensure that there is buy-in and active participation of the community.
5. Create spaces for youth to freely conceptualize creative ideas and projects befitting the safe mobility program.
6. Manage team dynamics comfortability to the advantage of the safe mobility program.
Degree or diploma from an accredited institution of higher learning in either of the following: fine arts, education, game and interactive art, expressive arts
At least a minimum of two years of work experience in program implementation or other related fields; work experience in the development setting (NGO) is a plus.
Program officers shall not have any supervisory responsibility.
Other Essential Attributes
Excellent interpersonal skills, including time management, with demonstrable ability working with children
Admirable organizational skills with a natural attention to detail while juggling multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines
Ability and flexibility to work in a team.
Mode of Application
Through Email, interested persons meeting the above specifications should submit applications with a detailed Curriculum Vitae as one document, naming three traceable referees to firstname.lastname@example.org addressing:
The Human Resource and Administration Officer
Rays of Hope Ministries,
P.O. Box E365, Post Dot Net,
Please, send your emails with a subject line that says, “VIA Safe Mobility Program Officer Application”.
The closing date for receiving applications is Thursday, 11 May 2023. Rays of Hope Ministries is an equal-opportunity employer. Due to anticipated large volumes of applications, only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
1. Rays of Hope Ministries is a child friendly organization that promotes the protection and safety of children. All interested candidates should be prepared to sign and abide by our child safe-guarding policy.
2. Qualified and experienced women are hugely encouraged to apply.
3. The positions are six months long.