Project Officer (Climate Change) Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 14:49 General Nairobi Reference: 1783
International Aid Services (IAS) Kenya is a Non – Governmental Organization registered under the NGO Coordination Board in Kenya. IAS K seeks to empower communities through the promotion of access to education, sustainable livelihood, environmental stewardship and human rights”.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for the implementation of the Climate change and adaptation project in Tharaka Nithi County.
- Leading the implementation of Climate Change adaptation Project.
- Training farmers as well as Community members on Climate Change, Climate resilient agriculture and early warning systems.
- Strengthening key institutions involved in catchment management and multi-stakeholder approach in solving water-related challenges in different catchment areas.
- Building Water Resilient Communities and improving community knowledge in application of IWRM strategies,
- Training communities on appropriate conservation agriculture technologies
- Organizing linkage meetings between the community, the Kenya meteorological department and the ministry of agriculture to undertake climate smart agriculture and use of indigenous knowledge and sharing of the developed advisories
- Training farmers on smart agricultural practices including crisis transformation for Climate-Related Preparedness in the event of natural disasters due to climate change and weather unpredictability.
- Training the target groups on financial literacy and review VSLA record keeping from time to time
- Participating in the development of concept notes, project proposals and submission to potential donors.
- Preparing and submitting quality, accurate ,complete weekly, monthly biannual and annual reports
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelors in Agricultural Sciences/Agronomy/Horticulture/Agricultural Economics, Food Security, Natural Resource management Social Sciences or related field from a recognized University.
- Minimum three years proven experience in working/programming in either relief or development and preferably in an NGO.
- Proven knowledge of the Kenyan climate, food security, water and/or renewable energy sectors, including climate, biodiversity and gender mainstreaming
- Proven knowledge of working in or on programmes pertaining the ASAL areas of Kenya.
- Demonstrated experience with the implementation of donor funded projects;
- Knowledge of devolved governance structures and systems;
- Good understanding of gender mainstreaming in Climate Change and livelihoods projects
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS office suites.
- Valid Kenyan Motorcycle riding license.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to email@example.com
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 20 May. 2023