Project Facilitator Contract JobJul 11th, 2022 at 14:50 NGO and Social Work Zanzibar 189 views Reference: 146
POSITION: Project Facilitator
RECRUITMENT: Tanzanian National
REPORTS TO: Project Manager
DURATION: Two years and six months (by extension per year)
PLACE OF WORK: Unguja or Pemba, Zanzibar, Tanzania
POST LEVEL: O-8
Korea Food for the Hungry International (KFHI) is a faith-based non-profit organization established in 1989 as the first overseas aid international organization in South Korea with its vision to end spiritual and physical poverty worldwide.
KFHI Zanzibar is a country office of Korea Food for the Hungry and its Head Office is in Seoul, South Korea. KFHI Zanzibar is currently implementing Education/WASH projects in Unguja and Pemba, Zanzibar, to improve the self-sufficiency and to enhance the quality of life of the most vulnerable people so that they can live a life with God’s given potential.
In Zanzibar, there are lack of infrastructure for learning environments, poor access to academics, lack of awareness of children’s rights and low access to girls’ right to education and health. Therefore, the project has a purpose to increase participation in school to promote girls’ right to education and realization of independent right to girls’ health.
The project facilitator will be responsible for implementing project ‘Creating Girls-Friendly School Environment in Zanzibar’ in Unguja and/or Pemba. He/she will effectively and efficiently facilitate the implementation of education project by coordinating the activities planned.
- Flexibility and Multicultural
- Ability to Teach Others
- Field Work
- Problem solving and Decision Making
- Serves as KFHI's representative to local government and other local entities in the region or area where this position is performed
- Facilitates groups of Community Leaders
- Establishes, coordinates, and maintains relationships with key community leaders and school teachers
- Facilitates the implementation of education project by coordinating the activities planned
- Understands the educational materials and helps health project officer and gender project officer to implement educational activities for students, parents, and teachers using the materials
- Writes regular (weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually) and business trip reports in coordination with project coordinator
- Travels frequently to local secondary schools in Unguja and Pemba, Zanzibar
Behavior and Attitude
- Understand and fully agree with the mission, vision, and core-values of KFHI, including The Lordship of Jesus Christ, Transparency, Professionalism, Integrity, Collaboration, Creativity and Innovation, and Satisfaction
- Willing to follow Jesus Christ with personal relationship with HIM and to participate or lead in daily devotions
- Have honesty, trustworthiness, and responsibility for the designated duties
Qualifications and skills
- A vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Understanding of child protection regulations desirable
- Excellent command of the English and Swahili language, both written and verbal
- Secondary School diploma (minimum)
- Bachelor’s degree (desirable) in Social Science, Community Development, Development Study and/or other related fields of study
- Appreciates and understands the importance of facilitation versus teaching
- Experience in training students and adults, especially leaders and teachers, in a community setting (desirable)
- Written communication skills including experience of writing project reports and other documents
- Experience of working on Korea Aid-funded projects would be an advantage
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Power Point
- Knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation Procedures would be an advantage
- Able to travel to districts on rough roads
- Able to sit behind a computer for eight hours a day doing repetitive motions
- Deep understanding of KFHI’s Vision, Mission and Values and ability to communicate this message confidently to others
- Flexible, ability to deal with stress and pressure
- Able to communicate well in front of groups of people
- Experienced in administration, able to process and execute details.
- Previous experience in cross cultural interactions
- Excels in collaboration with others
Send your applications; cover letter (Max of a page), curriculum vitae (Max of two pages), and two recommendation letters (one from church leader and one from a career mentor OR two from career mentors) in English (PDF format) by email to:[email protected]submission date: Not later than 6 pm 24th of July 2022. – Please include the title of the position applied for in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
l Interview will be held on 9th to 12th of August 2022 in Dar Es Salaam and Zanzibar
l Final candidate is expected to work from 22nd of August 2022 in Unguja or Pemba, Zanzibar