Program & Operations Manager Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 14:58 General Lilongwe Reference: 1800
Ascent Soccer is seeking an experienced, passionate and impact driven leader and mentor who believes in education and opportunity for the underserved talent and promise of Southeast Africa.
WHAT IS ASCENT SOCCER?
Ascent Soccer unlocks the competitive advantages in Malawi and across Southeast Africa to identify and develop youth football talent, by delivering professional level soccer training, education, personal development and global pathways for youth of promise. Ascent Soccer launched in 2015, and quickly became the region’s top full-time youth football academy and scholarship program.
In the past five years alone, Ascent Soccer has produced 25+ youth internationals at the U15, U17, U20 and senior team levels and has eight scholars at world-class boarding schools and universities in Canada and the United States as athlete-scholars. Our squads and classrooms are formed following the most strategic talent search in Southeast African history, having assessed over 70,000 youth players.
In 2023, Ascent Soccer is further embracing its ethos through the development of the region’s first purpose built full-time residential green school, education center and equitable youth soccer academy. Ascent is empowering talent, leveling the playing field and delivering opportunity through four pillars: Soccer. Scholarship. People. Planet.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
This brand new ‘Program & Operations Manager’ position is an opportunity for an experienced program manager and/or educator to be the driving force behind a positive and impact-focused soccer, scholarship and character development program for the top athletic and academic talent of Malawi.
The main responsibilities of the Program & Operations Manager will include (i) staff, scholar and organizational leadership, (ii) program culture, delivery and impact targets and (iii) human resource and financial management.
The successful candidate will be a team player who is willing to get involved with a variety of elements of academy life, along with being someone who understands the challenges of working in Southeast Africa while bringing a positive attitude and a solution-focused mindset.
We are looking for a joyful, demanding and nurturing leader who puts people, and our planet, first.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
Our ideal candidate will bring the following qualifications to the ‘Program & Operations Manager’ role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Management, International Development, Sports Administration or other relevant field;
- 3+ years experience in a leadership role that has included youth education and/or sport, program management and delivery, team/relationship building and financial management;
- Strong communication skills, staff youth coaching/mentorship tools and the ability to build a positive and brave staff and campus culture;
- Confident problem solver and multi-tasker, with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines;
- Experience in financial operations, managing budgets, cash flow and human resources;
- Passionate about working with youth and setting the regional standard for a campus and leadership program that delivers the very best for soccer, scholarship, people and the planet;
- Clean driving record is preferred, fluent in English and a confident and curious ‘digital native;
- Previous experience working or traveling within Africa is an advantage, though not essential.
Ascent Soccer is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability status.
OFFER & BENEFITS
This is a full-time contract opportunity in Malawi, which reports to the Director of Programs.
This contract opportunity offer as our ‘Program & Operations Manager’ would include the following:
- Competitive monthly salary commensurate with your qualifications and experience
- One return flight (if applicable) annually between your home city & Lilongwe
- Private accommodations in Lilongwe with high-speed internet
- Private vehicle for work and personal use
- Work Visa & Health Insurance
APPLICATION & DEADLINE
The application process for this role will close on Friday, May 26, 2023.
To apply for this position please send the following to the attention of George Maguire, Co-Founder & Director of Programs:
- Cover Letter & Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal Video (maximum 2 minutes, sharing your leadership philosophy and why you are interested in this ‘Program & Operations Manager’ opportunity at Ascent Soccer in Malawi
Submit your application package by hitting ‘Apply’ to submit your Cover Letter & CV then either email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or WhatsApp (+265998943680) your video.