Procurement Officer Full-time JobMay 10th, 2023 at 11:31 General Lilongwe Reference: 2200
Malawi Institute of Education (MIE) is a Government semi-subvented parastatal organization established by Order, Government Notice No. 50, 1979 under Education Act (CAP. 30.01). The Institute is mandated to design, develop, conduct educational research, monitor and evaluate the national school and primary teacher education curricula and provide continuing professional development to education personnel in order to ensure that education responds to the current and future needs of the Malawian society. Furthermore, the Institute is mandated to publish and evaluate curriculum materials.
In order to fulfil the aforementioned mandate and vision efficiently and effectively, MIE invites suitably qualified candidates of Malawian origin to fill the following vacant position tenable at the Malawi Institute of Education, Domasi in Zomba District.
Job Title: Procurement Officer.
Reporting to: Director of Corporate Services
Responsible for: Assistant Procurement Officer.
Purpose of the Job
To procure goods, works and services in line with Procurement and disposal Act 2017 and MIE policies.
- Develop, implement, monitor and review procurement policies, plans and procedures; procurement policies and regulations;
- Liaise with requisitioning units to come up with correct product and service specifications;
- Prepare requests for quotations and bid documents;
- Coordinate the closing, opening and evaluation of bid documents;
- Prepare, administer and monitor procurement Contracts:
- Service the Internal Procurement and Disposal Committee (IPDC) as Secretary;
- Prepare reports for Management and the Director General of PPDA;
- Allocate work and appraise staff, develop sectional budgets and monitor their implementation.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management plus at least three (3) years relevant experience.
- Must be a registered member of Malawi Institute of Procurement and Supply(MIPS)
Method Of Application
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications, including detailed CV with three traceable referees clearly marked with the position being applied for to:
The Executive Director
Malawi Institute of Education
P.O. Box 50
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receiving applications is 5th June, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.