Procurement- Manager (Grade 4) Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 15:48 General Nairobi Reference: 1831
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) is a professional body for certified public accountants (CPAs) in Kenya. ICPAK is a full member of the International Federation of Accountants and the Pan African Federation of Accounting.
JOB REF: ICPAK/10/2023
- Facilitate timely, cost-effective, quality and accurate procurement of ICPAK inputs (i.e.goods, services and works), and ensuring full adherence to the public procurement guidelines and compliance with the relevant/related laws.
- Prepare requisitions for quotations or tenders to prequalified suppliers or the public.
- Establish in co-ordination with the relevant department and end users, quality specifications of goods and services required by the Institute.
- Review the supply chain to ensure it is efficient and effective.
- Ensure equitable and fair distribution of Request for Proposals to all pre-qualifiedsuppliers.
- Manage the annual supplier pre-qualification exercise.
- Overseeing the receipt of all tender applications, ensure they are in safe custody, compile and prepare Tender Committee papers.
- Supervise purchases, stores management and inspection and issues of goods.
- Provide an effective Secretariat to the Tender Committee and facilitating a secretariat for Procurement Committee
- Disposal of unserviceable ICPAK assets
- Management of stocks with an effective Materials Requirement Plan and stocks management policy.
- Maintenance of evaluation and performance records of suppliers
- Controlling and managing receipt, issue and storage of all factory and workshop materials, engineering spares, petrol station, scrap yard and agricultural stores.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of record keeping relating to stores.
- Maintain sound procurement policies that ensure sourcing and acquisition of goods, services and works is done while adhering to the laid down regulations.
- Ensure filling of returns with PPOA on timely basis
Technical Competencies & Skills required to perform in the job:
- MS Office Suite – Advanced
- Report writing skills
- Facilitation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Highly analytical
- Strong Risk Management Abilities
- High integrity
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of Corporate Governance
Behavioral Competencies required to perform in the job:
- Builds Trust
- Honesty / Fairness
- Interpersonal Skills
- Positive Attitude
- Resolves Conflicts Constructively
In addition, he/she should have the following skills:
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality about all communication matters
- Team player and effective team leader
- Ability to deliver with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written skills with experience in development of Board papers and possess excellent performance review and analytical methods and techniques
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure and constraints
- Ability to execute multiple assignments within set deadlines
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Management, Logistics or relevant field
- Master’s degree in Supply Management, Logistics or relevant field
- Professional qualifications: CPSP and a member of KISM in good standing.
- Minimum 8 years’ working experience with 5 years relevant experience in a management position
Method of Application
Submit your CV, scanned copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and Application letter indicating current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 17 May. 2023