PRINCIPAL RECORDS MANAGER Full-time JobMay 11th, 2023 at 12:08 General Gaborone Reference: 2394
VACANCY: PRINCIPAL RECORDS MANAGER
Applications are invited from suitably qualified citizens for the position of Principal Records Manager I tenable within the Ministry of Finance. Corporate Services Department.
SALARY SCALE: D2 (305, 664 – 337, 068 per annum)
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum
i) Optional contributory Medical Aid Scheme (Government pays 50% and employee 50%).
(11) Contributory Pension Fund (Government pays 15% and employee 5%).
Candidates must be in possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences. Humanities. Library and Information Studies.
A minimum of ten (10) years post-qualification experience in records management, two (2) of which must have served as Principal Records Manager II (D3) or equivalent.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To plan, manage and oversee the implementation of records management programmes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Guides customers on records management standards and procedures.
Conducts records management sensitization workshops for customers.
Attends to customer queries and requests.
Provides guidance to departments on the development of classification scheme, retention, and disposal schedule.
Develops and monitors implementation of the Records
Management annual plan.
; • Coordinates the development of file classification schemes, retention and disposal schedules in Ministry departments.
• Coordinates the appraisal of semi-current records in the Ministry.
Coordinates the development and review of guidelines and procedures for Records Management in the Ministry.
• Develops a business continuity plan.
• Coordinates the periodic inspections of records
management service delivery at Ministry Headquarters and Departments.
• Undertakes research and benchmarks on best practices for continuous improvement of Records Management in the Ministry.
• Analyses Records Management status reports and recommends appropriate action for Ministry Headquarters and Departments.
• Manages and reviews supervisees’ performance.
• Allocates duties to supervisees.
• Prepares budget proposal for the Unit.
• Orientates newly appointed staff on Records Management.
• Coaches and mentors supervisees.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Leading and Supervising
• Adhering to Principles and Values
• Presenting and Communicating information
• Writing and Reporting
• Learning and Researching
• Creating and Innovating
Accountability | Excellence | Timeliness | Integrity |Caring
Planning and Organising
Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Applications should be addressed to: The Permanent Secretary Ministry of Finance Private Bag 008, Gaborone Or Hand deliver to Office No. 25, Second floor, CSO Building APPLICATIONS: Quote the number of this vacancy and also give the following details: i)Brief summary of career with duties performed (Curriculum Vitae) including date of first appointment, present post and date of appointment thereto. ii)Certified copies of certificates and Omang. At least 3 recent work related references (six months confirming the required experience). IMPORTANT: All applications should be routed through Permanent Secretaries/Heads of Department for Public Officers. Applications not so routed will not be considered. CLOSING DATE: 24 May 2023 at 16:30hrs For further information please contact: 3633651/3950397/3633631. N.B: Applicants who do not meet the requirements of the posts
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Botswana