Principal Full-time JobMar 31st, 2022 at 08:23 Administration Mwanza 235 views Reference: 7
1. JOB DESCRIPTION FOR PRINCIPAL POSITION
LOCATION: Mwanza, Tanzania
JOB TYPE: Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Principal
SUPERVISOR: Board of Trustees, Advisory Board
DIRECT REPORTS: Deputy Principal of Academics; Dep. Principal of Finance and Administration, Administrative Secretary, Deputy principal of development
The PRINCIPAL of Wesley College will be responsible for the administrative oversight of the college including, but not limited to, staff, finances, academic programs, student services, and external communication. The principal will also be responsible for the growth of Wesley College by contributing to the design and implementation of the strategic plan, design and implementation of new academic/community programs, increasing student enrollment, and ensuring the long-term growth and health of the college. Attributes: A successful candidate will be entrepreneurial in approaching the challenges of growing a young institution, experienced in running an aggressively growing organization,
aware of big picture trends in education within Tanzania, and able to function well as the voice of the institution.
1. Provide leadership for the daily operations of the campus and college both in areas of management and program operations.
2. Oversee daily staff operations, including staff schedules, reports on completion of duties, adherence to all standards and policies, and resolution of complaints or discipline issues.
3. Create and lead the senior leadership team in oversight of the operational and fiscal management of the college in a way that fulfills the vision and goals of the college.
4. Perform job evaluations semi-annually (twice a year) for staff and faculty or as needed.
5. Oversee development of the physical site including ensuring all safety regulations are followed.
6. Oversee the development and disbursement of the annual budget.
7. Oversee the running and administration of academic programs, current and those in process of development through the Dep. Principal of Academics and other relevant offices.
8. Oversee student services including admissions, advising, completion of academic programs through the Dean of Students and other relevant offices.
9. Ensure adherence to government requirements for awards for successful completion of academic programs.
10. Represent Wesley College to donors, partners, government officials, and the general public.
11. Oversee the recruitment of students through the marketing officer and other relevant offices.
12. Contribute to the development of new academic and community programs.
13. Oversee the college’s unique process of student development into professional, practical, servant leaders for the community.
14.Contribute to the development and oversee the implementation of the college’s strategic plan for growth and development.
15. Provide regular reports on the program performance and financial progress of the college to the Advisory Board, Board of Trustees, and other necessary parties.
16. Oversee staff and faculty development in keeping with the vision and mission of the college and hold regular staff meetings to assess progress of the college.
Master’s Degree in relevant field
5 years in a supervisory/management role within an organization with demonstrated success of growth
Experience in team building and a participatory leadership culture
Fluent in both Swahili and English Language.
Preference given to Tanzanian applicants
Experience in leading an organization through a construction process
Experience at an institute of higher learning or training institute
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
All Applications must be submitted for short listing before 12th April 2022
Applications for the above position must be submitted to the following address: : [email protected]