Primary School Teachers (20 Positions) Full-time JobMay 10th, 2023 at 11:28 General Lilongwe Reference: 2196
Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international non-governmental Organization registered in the Vatican, with a mission to accompany, serve and advocate for forcibly displaced people that they may heal, learn and determine their own future. JRS programmes are currently found in over 57 countries, serving refugees, other forcibly displaced persons and members of the host communities. The main programmes provided are in the field of Education and Livelihoods, Reconciliation, Mental Health and Psycho-Social Support. JRS facilitates involvement of individuals and communities and promotes regional and global cooperation and networking on behalf of refugees and the forcibly displaced. JRS works cooperatively with other organisations and agencies in order to achieve its mission. It seeks works in situations where no one else is working, where it can bring a particular expertise to bear, where its presence will attract others, where it can build its work on an existing network and where its presence can send a larger message to decision makers and others.
JRS in Malawi seeks to employ dedicated and committed teachers with a passion to serve at its Dzaleka Community Day Secondary School and Umodzi Katubza Primary School. These positions are tenable at Dzaleka Refugee Camp in Dowa District.
Primary School Teachers (20 Positions)
• Preparation of lessons and teaching and learning materials.
• Teaching various subjects in all classes for different age groups
• Maintaining students’ scholastic records
• Preparing and updating relevant tools for teachers.
• Leading and participating in co-curricular and other school activities.
• Performing any other tasks and responsibilities assigned by management.
• MSCE or it’s equivalent.
• Primary Teaching Certificate
• 3 years teaching experience
• Experience with PCAR and NRP
• Very good English communication skills
• Take initiative to complete syllabus and other assigned tasks on time
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment
Method Of Application
Send your motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae quoting the position being applied for on the envelope or in the subject line through email to:
The Human Resources Manager
Jesuit Refugee Service,
Area 47/5/282, Dzalanyama Road
P.O. Box 31711
Email: email@example.com copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Or hand deliver your application to the Head Teacher, Umodzi Katubza Primary School or Dzaleka Community Day Secondary School.
Deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 31st May 2023.
Please note that due to an urgent need, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
JRS is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in its work and staff.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.