Plumber Full-time JobMay 10th, 2023 at 11:32 General Lilongwe Reference: 2202
Malawi Institute of Education (MIE) is a Government semi-subvented parastatal organization established by Order, Government Notice No. 50, 1979 under Education Act (CAP. 30.01). The Institute is mandated to design, develop, conduct educational research, monitor and evaluate the national school and primary teacher education curricula and provide continuing professional development to education personnel in order to ensure that education responds to the current and future needs of the Malawian society. Furthermore, the Institute is mandated to publish and evaluate curriculum materials.
In order to fulfil the aforementioned mandate and vision efficiently and effectively, MIE invites suitably qualified candidates of Malawian origin to fill the following vacant position tenable at the Malawi Institute of Education, Domasi in Zomba District.
Job Title: Plumber
Responsible to: Maintenance Supervisor
Responsible for: N/A
To provide plumbing services
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Interpreting blueprints and building specifications to map out layout for pipes, drainage systems and other plumbing materials
- Installing and maintaining water supply systems;
- Installing sanitary fittings;
- Installing waste disposal and sanitary system;
- Collaborating with contractors and construction workers on plumbing work;
- Testing plumbing systems for leakages and other problems;
- Performing inspection of plumbing systems to identify and replace worn out parts;
- Preparing reports and documenting problems;
- Installing water heaters.
Education and Qualification
- MSCE and grade 1 Trade Test plus City and Guilds Certificate with three (3) years’ experience.
Method Of Application
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications, including detailed CV with three traceable referees clearly marked with the position being applied for to:
The Executive Director
Malawi Institute of Education
P.O. Box 50
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receiving applications is 5th June, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.