Pharmaceutical Technologist Full-time JobMay 10th, 2023 at 09:31 General Nairobi Reference: 2129
Avenue Hospital was founded in 1995 for the purpose of managing the outpatient department at the Hospital, and to extend medical services to corporate clientele through an innovative concept of Managed Healthcare.
- To ensure that high quality standards are maintained at all times in the provision of medication and medical consumables per Avenue Healthcare’s defined policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the Pharmacy has the necessary equipment and ensure that they are in good working condition.
- All processed drug orders should be checked and counter signed by the nurse and the Pharm-Tech
- Ensure that all insurances exclusion lists are adhered to.
- Inform the doctor on equivalent of the out of stock medications, document on the T-sheet/prescription and inform the nurse to follow up on counter signing by the respective doctor.
- Ensure that the Pharmacy is well stocked as per the set re-order levels. Do daily counts, spot counts, monthly stock takes and give a timely, accurate report with valid explanation on variances and expiries to the Pharmacy Superintendent.
- Prevention of medication errors by counter checking and verifying the prescription/ treatment sheets on doses, allergies, patient identification, right drug, legibility and give clear usage instructions.
- DDA to be dispensed as per the laid down policy, checked weekly and any discrepancies reported to the Pharmacy Superintendent.
- Ensure that the fridge temperatures are charted twice daily and any error reported to relevant department.
- Ensure that any issue pertaining quality is escalated to the Pharmacy Quality Manager.
- Drugs/surgical items expiry management;
- Check expiries of the allocated shelf and emergency trolley monthly (ensure short expiry items are replaced) and inform the Pharmacy Superintendent.
- Enhance FIFO/FEFO by the use of green stickers on short expiry drugs and share the short expiry list with the doctors to assist in prescribing. a) Document all expired drugs, quarantine and report to Pharmacy Superintendent for disposal as per the PPB regulations. b) Allocate emergency trolley to ensure its wellstocked at all times and expiry managed
- Adhere to Avenue corporate governance policies and procedures; a) Prevent, detect and report any fraud or criminal activity b) Fully implement audit recommendations and attain satisfactory ratings in subsequent audits.
- Record and report all sentinel incidents/events to the Hospital Manager within 24 hours using the provided tools.
- Maintain and enforce infection control standards when doing extemporaneous preparations.
- Client satisfaction; a) Ensure client satisfaction through high quality of service, effective communication, prompt feedback and escalation of any unresolved issues to the relevant person for follow up. Ensure that the standardized tool for patient satisfaction feedback is filed for measurement, follow-up and improvement.
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality at all times.
- Ensure adequate knowledge of all Avenue policies, procedures and systems as outlined in the HRMIS.
- Any other duty as assigned by your immediate supervisor in line with the job description.
- A diploma in pharmacy
- A valid pharmaceutical technologist license
- 1 to 3 years’ experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and results oriented
- Good team player
- Reliable, ethical and customer focused
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31 May. 2023