Partnership and Compliance Officer Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 14:55 General Lilongwe Reference: 1791
ActionAid International in Malawi
ActionAid Malawi is a locally registered nongovernmental organisation under the Company’s Act 1984 as a company limited by guarantee and is affiliated to ActionAid International, a federation of national organizations working in over 45 countries in Africa, Asia, America and Europe regions. ActionAid International is a global justice Federation working to achieve social justice, gender equality and poverty eradication. ActionAid works to strengthen the capacity and active agency of people living in poverty and exclusion, especially women, to assert their rights.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position : Partnership and Compliance Officer
Reporting to: Business Development, Grants Management and Communications Manager
Duration: June,2023 to July 2026, renewable dependent on funding and performance.
Role Overview: The holder of the position is responsible for overseeing an organisation`s compliance with MOUs and Donor agreements and regulations during implementation. Coordinating with management to identify potential risks at Grant level, implementing policies and procedures to uphold laws and regulations and monitoring organisation’s adherence to those policies and procedures. Support the development and management of new and ongoing partnerships activities.
- Partnership Management
- Compliance issues
- Staff and partners capacity building
- Grants Management and Fundraising
- Upholding ActionAid Malawi Values, Practices and Priorities
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Degree in Arts, Business Administration, Economics, or any other related field.
- Three Years post qualification experience in compliance, partnership, and communications.
- Experience of working in multi-cultural environment.
- Sound computer literacy
- Experience in the organization of international meetings, thorough understanding of laws and regulations and fundraising environment at local and global level.
- Experience In report writing.
- Experience of the NGO sector
- Willingness and flexibility to work unsocial hours and to travel within and outside the Country when required.
- Excellent command of oral and written English and ability to communicate complicated or technical information to range of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, demonstrable record of accomplishment of interacting with and influencing range of internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Good, planning and prioritization skills coupled with ability to influence and negotiate,
- High degree of integrity, dependability, and confidentiality.
How to apply:
Interested individuals should apply to: The Executive Director, Action Aid Malawi, P.O. Box 30735 Lilongwe 3, Malawi. Email: Recruitment.Malawi@actionaid.org Submission should be made by 5pm; 21st May 2022 Malawi time.
ActionAid Malawi welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity. All applications will be considered on their individual merit. An attractive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate, in line with ActionAid Malawi Pay and Benefits Policy. Suitably qualified Malawian nationals, especially women leaders, are encouraged to apply. Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants.