Nursing Officers 17 positions Full-time JobMay 10th, 2023 at 09:45 General Nairobi Reference: 2144
Kenya Red Cross is one of the many International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement societies around the world. The Kenya organisation was established in 1965, The Kenya Red Cross supports and runs a number of projects whilst raising awareness to the Kenyan public about the current issues or problems which may affect them.
- The overall objective is to provide a high standard of client care to both outpatients and inpatients, in accordance with clinical guidelines, policies, procedure, quality standards and guidelines for nursing professional practice.
- The Nursing Officers shall work in specific ward/clinic assigned to and would therefore work as both supervisor and team leader of the refugee staff.
- Prepare for and assist the doctors during the rounds whenever required.
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly carried out and documented on patient’s charts.
- Refer to the doctor in charge or to the doctor/CO on call relevant information such as patient’s status and laboratory results, which would assist in proper clinical management.
- Arrange and submit weekly clinic/ward work schedule and plan daily duties and responsibilities for each refugee staff.
- Participate in camp health surveys/campaigns.
- Conduct regular training session for refugee staff on basic nursing care/management of various ward/clinic cases and charting.
- Give health education to patients and clients
- Compile and submit monthly reports.
- Monitor and supervise proper usage of supplies.
- Maintain equipment in good condition and submit regular inventory report of the same.
- Maintain drug registers and drug consumption within the ward level.
- Ensure that all admissions, discharges, transfers and deaths are properly recorded as they occur.
- Taking and recording of vital signs and proper documentation of all nursing procedures
- Ensure the clinic/ward is cleaned to the expected standards.
- Perform coverage and be on-call as required.
- Over two (2) years’ experience.
- Registered Nurse with a Diploma in Nursing from KMTC or other recognized Nurse-training institute.
- Valid and current registration License with the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- At least 2 years working in a busy hospital set-up.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver the Society’s strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, email and utilization of the internet.
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 18 May. 2023