National Stakeholder Engagement Specialist Full-time JobAug 1st, 2022 at 11:39 NGO and Social Work Mpanda 41 views Reference: 178
The Ministry of Finance and Planning(MoFP) of the United Republic of Tanzania has received financing from KfW Development Bank (“KfW") in the form of a financial contribution toward the costs of the project “Sustainable Development of Protected Area Ecosystems (Component 2)”. Project Executing Agency (PEA) will be the Tanzanian National Parks which is under Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism(MNRT). The project will be co-implemented by the Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS). The project concerns the sustainable conservation of the Katavi-Mahale Ecosystems and the Katavi-Mahale Corridor.
Our organization HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation, in partnership with GITEC-IGIP GmbH, is invited to submit a technical proposal for the said project. In preparation to this we are currently looking for a highly qualified and motivated expert for the following position:
Position: National Stakeholder Engagement Specialist
Posted on: 1 August 2022
Application by: 15 August 2022
Project status: Proposal
Project title: Sustainable Development of Protected Area Ecosystems(Component 2)
Period of project: Approximately Q4 2022/Q1 2023
Duration of Assignment: 30 months
Country / Duty station: Tanzania / Mpanda with frequent visits to the Katavi and Mahale Mountains National Parks, and the Katavi-MahaleWildlifeCorridor
Postgraduate university degree in a discipline appropriate for this assignment.
· At least 3 years of experience in managing social aspects and stakeholder en gagement in construction supervision and corresponding ESHS performance track-ing of similar projects, including responsibilities for community liaison and stake-holder engagement
· Experience in implementation supervision of social mitigation measures in ESMPs in line with international environmental and social safeguard standards
· In-depth familiarity with national regulations and international best practice related to labour conditions, workers grievance mechanisms, worker-community relations, avoidance of gender based violence and adherence to workers code of conduct, protection of vulnerable groups
· Experience in working in line with international social safeguard standards especial-ly within construction supervision
· Excellent reporting skills and ability to develop comprehensive and structured su-pervision reports
· Experience with grievance management, including management of workers’ grievances; experience with grievance management related to gender-based violence and sexual harassment and with engagement with survivors of GBV; experience in community capacity building and sensitization and workers sensitization in the GBV context
· Ability to achieve the objectives of social management of construction projects, in difficult environments, including ability to provide thorough and strong guidance for contractors and workers related to ESHS requirements and Code of Conduct.
· Experience with working for international firms.
· Proficiency in English
· Proficiency in Kiswahili
How to Apply:
Interested, qualified applicants send their CV to Helvetas:[email protected] , by using “National Stakeholder Engagement Specialist” as the subjectline of their email.
Presently, HELVETAS is engaged in Tanzania in a few acquisition processes for agriculture and horticulture initiatives, under which a market systems development (MSD) approach is pursued, thereby focussing on markets for the poor (M4P). Initiatives under considerations are in the regions of Singida, Dodoma as well as Rukwa, Songwe and further regions in the Southern Highlands. Value chains addressed are in pulses, sorghum, sunflower and in horticulture.