Member Services Officer Full-time JobMay 11th, 2023 at 10:30 General Lilongwe Reference: 2357
Organization : Arts SACCO
Position : Member Services Officer
Arts SACCO is an affiliate of Malawi Union of Savings and Credit Cooperative Ltd (MUSCCO) and a democratically controlled financial cooperative society whose aim is to provide affordable and sustainable financial services to members for their social economic empowerment in the creative industry. Arts SACCO is a component of Copyright Society of Malawi under the Integrated Arts Development Programme (IAD).
This position will be responsible for developing & maintaining marketing strategies to meet organization objectives. Conducting and evaluating customer research, market conditions, competitor data & implementing marketing plan changes as needed. Ensuring corporate policies and procedures are followed. Report on all marketing issues to the SACCO Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate technical marketing skills and SACCO product knowledge
- Develops annual marketing plan in conjunction with the SACCO Manager
- Manage the marketing regional office budget
- Implement the SACCO marketing, business development and brand strategies
- Undertaking market research
- Promoting members and customer’s recruitment drive
- Ability to explain to customers on loan application process
- Providing cashiering duties i.e. receipt of membership fees, deposits, loan repayments and effecting payments of savings withdrawals, loan disbursement and royalties
- Posting transactions into the Fin Financials
- Daily reconciliation of cash receipts and cash payments
- Dispensing information pertaining to fees, policies, procedures, benefits, goods and services
- Responding to telephone inquiries as well as written questions, concerns and complaints relating to membership
- Encouraging members to increase their monthly contributions & maximize their benefits
- Undertaking any other duties assigned by the Manager as required to promote optimal organization performance
- Understanding of SACCO or Financial Cooperative business model
- Knowledge of Accounting packages i.e. Sage, Fin financials etc.
- Computer and ICT skills
Ability to communicate effectively
- Great interpersonal skills and customer service
- Good negotiating skills
- Good attitude, team player and ability to adapt quickly
Qualification & Experience
Diploma in Sales and Marketing, Business Administration or Accounting from a recognized institution with at least 2 years’ experience in financial or marketing industry.
How to apply
Applications enclosing CVs and copies of certificates should be forwarded to the address below or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Saturday, 20th May 2023.
The SACCO Manager
C/O Copyright Society of Malawi
P.O. Box 30784
Lilongwe Area 5