Medical Officer, Outreach Clinic Donholm Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 14:25 General Nairobi Reference: 1755
Aga Khan University Hospitals in Karachi, Pakistan and Nairobi, Kenya are private, not-for-profit institutions providing high quality health care. The Main Hospitals serve as the principal sites for clinical training for the University’s Medical Colleges and Schools of Nursing and Midwifery in Pakistan and East Africa. Our Vision of Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is to be the premier, tertiary, teaching and referral health care facility in sub-Saharan Africa. â€‹For over fifty years, Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi (AKUH) has been taking care of families in East Africa. As a private, not-for-profit hospital, we strive to provide access to quality healthcare to all who need it. At AKUH, patients are our first priority. Our team of medical professionals, faculty and staff are here to provide you and your loved ones with the highest standards of healthcare. We are committed to working together to ensure that you and your family receive outstanding medical services, first-rate facilities and compassionate care. The Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi has set the standard for comprehensive healthcare and modern medical education in East Africa. Our dedicated staff, advanced facilities and state-of-the-art technologies have earned the hospital great reputation as a leading medical institution and teaching hospital in the region, and beyond. Patients benefit from our unique team-based approach to carâ€‹e, which enables you to benefit from the diverse expertise of our entire team of medical professionals. As the teaching hospital for Aga Khan University’s Medical College and School of Nursing and Midwifery, we practice an evidence-based approach to medicine, driven by the cutting-edge research conducted by our experienced faculty members. Our approach to care is guided by our core principles of Quality, Access, Impact and Relevance.â€‹
- Review and examine patients consistently by performing such duties as taking case histories, conducting physical examinations, and ordering diagnostic laboratory and radiology studies in compliance with evidence based practice and established protocols.
- Monitor acute and chronically ill patients’ progress on a regular basis.
- Initiate discussions with patients and care givers to enable better diagnostic and therapeutic medical care and services.
- When necessary, carry out privileged and potentially life-saving emergency surgical and medical procedures.
- Provide evidence based screening and wellness examinations, risk assessment, early detection and education on prevention of illness.
- Initiate timely discussions with relevant consultants/departments to arrive at the best treatment plan for specialized cases.
- Establish links with clinic management and the main hospital to ensure smooth and efficient referral of patients.
- Work closely with members of the clinical and non-clinical teams to provide patient centric, coordinated care, reduce errors and waste and create efficiency in resource utilization.
- Actively participate in clinic quality initiatives in collaboration with the clinic management and Quality and Patient Safety team.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) or equivalent
- Successful completion of at least 2-years post-graduate Internship.
- Registration by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
- Advance Cardiac Life Support and Advance Trauma Life Support (ACLS & ATLS)
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31 May. 2023
Aga Khan University Hospital