Medical Doctor Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 16:56 General Nairobi Reference: 1915
MÃ©decins sans frontiÃ¨res (MSF) or Doctors Without Borders, is an international humanitarian-aid non-governmental organization (NGO) and Nobel Peace Prize laureate, best known for its projects in war-torn regions and developing countries facing endemic diseases.
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiary’s health conditions.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctorsand informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Use appropriate personal and protective equipment (PPEs) provided by the facility while in the clinical setting and also when attending to patients.
- Ensure proper triaging, timely consultation and intervention of patients in the clinical setting where the officer is designated to work (ER or wards).
- Ensure activities in the reproductive health and newborn unit are organized. Support / collaborate with the midwife in charge of department in the management of obstetric emergencies or other obstetric problems.
- Responsible of the care and treatment of pregnant mothers(including ANC-PNC-FP high risk clinic ) ,Gynaecological patients and neonates in NBU and maternity ward by ensuring Daily ward rounds & routine reviews in Maternity ward and NBU is done.
- Perform basic procedures like MVA, assist the nurses during difficult deliveries, perform C/S as soon as it is necessary etc.
- In coordination with the maternity supervisor, conduct the High-risk clinic and ensure a follow up strategy is in place with the outreach team CHW / TBA s visits all High-risk mothers and remind them of the danger signs.
- Ensure on the job training of Clinical officers and ANC-RH working in the department on management of pregnancy complications, neonatal care and conduct CME at least once in a month in collaboration with hospital director &/Nursing activity manager.
- Examine and treat all SGBV cases in a confidential manner and be responsible for the P3 forms for the SGBV cases.
- Actively participate in the project’s quality of care activities such as CMEs, case reviews, Mortality audits & rational prescription audits.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Medical Doctor Degree
- 2 years’ experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training).
- Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health, obs and gynae, pediatrics, A, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
- Mission language essential (English).
- Local language desirable (Kiswahili, Somali).
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 16 May. 2023