Manager Fund Services Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 13:40 General Nairobi Reference: 1697
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa in 1937. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, general and Medical insurance.
- The Manager – Fund Services is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Company’s backoffice, front-office and investment funds operations. The primary goal of this role is to ensure that the dayto-day administration of all our unit trust funds, investment funds, private clients and institutional portfolios are conducted efficiently and effectively, and in compliance with all applicable regulations. The Manager – Fund Services is responsible for maintaining clients and accounting records, ensuring the timely and accurate processing of investment transactions, managing risks associated with Fund Services operations, overseeing the work of the Fund Services team, and collaborating with other departments to ensure the alignment of the firm’s operational activities with its overall goals and objectives.
- Process investment funds subscriptions and redemptions and maintain the register of unit holders and investors.
- Ensuring that all financial transactions are recorded accurately and in a timely manner.
- Overseeing and performing the routine fund administration activities for all assigned clients, including but not limited to calculations of net asset values (NAVs), investor allocation and reporting, ad-hoc client analysis and general enquiries.
- Preparation of financial statements and calculations of net asset values.
- Monitoring cash flows of investment funds and portfolios and ensuring that all transactions are in compliance with relevant regulations and policies.
- Preparing monthly financial statements and ensuring that they are accurate and complete.
- Collaborating with other departments to ensure that financial information is shared in a timely manner.
- Manage implementation of new client onboarding procedures including banking, reporting and system setups.
- Collecting and verifying KYC and AML documents to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that all client onboarding activities are conducted in compliance with regulatory requirements and the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that all client information is accurate and up-to-date.
Client Transactions and Management:
- Attend to client enquiries and communicate with investors on various matters including monthly reporting.
- Ensuring that all client transactions are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintaining accurate records of client transactions and holdings and ensuring that all client information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Resolving any discrepancies in a timely manner to ensure that the firm’s records are accurate.
Reconciliation with Custodians:
- Ensuring that all fund assets are reconciled on a daily basis.
- Resolving any discrepancies with custodians in a timely manner.
- Maintaining accurate records of all fund assets.
Operations Service Delivery:
- Develop and implement operational policies and procedures to improve efficiency and accuracy of reporting.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of operational services to clients and other stakeholders.
- Working with operations and technology teams to troubleshoot and research systems to meet client needs on an on-going basis.
Compliance Monitoring and Adherence:
- Monitoring regulatory changes and ensuring that the firm’s operational activities remain compliantwith all applicable regulations and policies.
- Conducting regular compliance reviews and audits to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Implement reviews and checks to ensure client fund’s compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Monitoring fund performance and identifying risks associated with fund operations.
- Developing and implementing risk management strategies to mitigate risks and ensure the safety of fund assets.
- Working with other departments to ensure that all risks are identified and addressed.
Leadership & People:
- Build a high-performing team of back-office and front-office staff to provide timely, accurate and outstanding services to clients.
- Build a high-performance culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement within the Fund Services Department.
- Hiring, training, coaching and managing assigned staff member(s) to effectively meet and maintain assigned clients’ recurring fund administration tasks.
- Promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace, and fostering an environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
- Advocating for the Fund Services Department and representing its interests at senior management level, while also supporting company-wide initiatives and priorities.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with the ability to motivate, manage and develop high-performing teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex information effectively to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex operational issues.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment, with tight deadlines.
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements for unit trusts and the Fund Management industry.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships across different departments and external stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to analyze information and make appropriate decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, or related fields.
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, or related fields is preferred.
- Professional qualifications such as ACCA, CFA, or CPA are an added advantage.
- Over 10 years of relevant experience in a similar role, with at least 5 years’ experience managing teams.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and software used in the asset management industry
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to Recruitment@jubileekenya.com
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 18 May. 2023