To plan, manage and monitor the implementation of legal activities and processes in order to deliver on approved operational plans in an effective and efficient manner.
• Developing and delivering strategic legal risk management initiatives.
• Ensuring best practices are adopted and guidelines complied with, and that all activities comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
• Ensuring that changes and developments in legislation, regulations, guidelines and practices affecting the business are analyzed, evaluated and reported as required.
• Supporting the Business in the long-term growth of the business by providing pragmatic and effective legal advice to manage legal risk across the business and assist in the design and implementation of procedures to manage, at an appropriate level, this risk.
• Ensuring that all aspects of legal risk are identified covered and controlled in the implementation of new projects, systems, procedures and products.
• Positively adapts to change and adjusts approach to provide solutions.
• Develops strong networks across the organization to get things done.
• Exhibits ability to negotiate and influence positively to get things done.
• Clear and confident communicator who tailors message according to audience.
• To assist the Company Secretary in the management of Board.
• Supporting the Business in the long-term growth of the business by providing pragmatic and effective legal advice to manage legal risk across BBS & CR and Retail Collections and assist in the design and implementation of procedures to manage legal risk.
• Ensuring that all aspects of legal risk are identified covered and controlled in the implementation of case management strategies, new projects, systems, procedures and products.
• Monitoring performance on external lawyers supporting BBS & CR and Retail Collections.
• Managing and controlling external legal resources in terms of cost. Act as liaison between banking personnel and external legal advisors as appropriate.
• Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
• Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
(Operational Management – Legal )
• Ensure plans are in place to cover leave, training and development and awareness programs to legal and related departments.
• Manage, control and monitor office budget and accounts.
• Prepare Legal and Secretarial budgets as directed by Head of Legal/ Company Secretary ensuring basis is understood and monitor performance against budgets.
• Comment on budget variances, recommend action and follow up to ensure action is taken.
• Ensure prompt submission of staff payroll reconciliation return to HR.
• Monitor External legal costs ensuring spend is within Budget.
• Monitor and oversee the processing of all fee notes from external law firms and liaise with finance to ensure settlement, maintain a detailed spreadsheet of all payments and reconcile figures with related departments on a monthly basis.
• Ensure prompt submission of returns and reports to Emerging Markets.
(Operational Management – Company Secretarial)
• Co-ordinate all Board events/function e.g. all Board and Subsidiary Board meetings, Annual General Meetings, Workshops, Training etc.
• Prepare Board notices, papers for discussion, minutes and circulate to attendees.
• Administer and oversee payments of Non-Executive Directors allowances, and follow up to ensure payment.
• Update company and directors information, ensure necessary returns filed at the Registrar of Companies by company secretarial partners and maintain records.
Bachelor Honours Degree: Law, Military Science and Security (Required)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified? Click here to apply