Bungoma County is home to an estimated 1.7 million people and sits on an area of 2,069 kmÂ². Bungoma is the 3rd populous County after Nairobi and Kakamega. It borders three Counties: Kakamega on the South, Trans Nzoia on the North and Busia on the West. It also enjoys a vast shared international border with Uganda.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Establishing and abolishing offices in the County Public Service;
- Appointing persons to hold or act in the County Public Offices including those on Boards of Urban Areas within the County,and confirm appointments;
- Exercise disciplinary control over, and removal of persons holding oracting in County Offices as provided for;
- Prepare regular reports for submission to the County Assembly on theexecution of the functions of the Board;
- Promote in the County Public ServiceBoard the Values and Principles referredto in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010;
- Evaluate and report to the County Assembly on the extent to which theValues and Principles referred to in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution are compliedwithin the County Public Service;
- Facilitate the development of coherent, Integrated Human ResourcePlanning and budgeting processes for personnel emoluments in the County;
- Advise the County Government on Human Resource Management andDevelopment;
- Advise the County Government on implementation and monitoring of theNationalPerformanceManagement System; and
- Make recommendations to the Salaries and RemunerationCommission, on behalf of the County Government, on theremuneration, pensions and gratuities for County Public Service Employees.
For appointment to this position the person should: –
- Be a Kenya citizen
- Be in possession of a first degree from a University recognized in Kenya.
- A Masters Degree will be an added advantage
- Have a working experience of not less than five (10) years
- Certifies the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and Integrity.
- Not be a State or Public Officer
- Understand the diversity within the County
- Be ready to work under pressure to meet strict datelines
- Be committed to be part of a team that will enable the County Government achieve its vision.
Terms of Service
- Six (6) years non- renewable contract which will be on full time.
- Remuneration and benefits for the post shall be as set out by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC)
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to:
The County Secretary and Head of Public Service
P.O Box 437-50200
Closing Date : 31 July. 2023