QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade Twelve Certificate.
- Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Social Science or related qualifications
- 5 years working experience in Human Resource Management.
- Excellent Communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Knowledge of Zambian Labour Laws and other related HRIS
- Proficiency in MS Office with above average proficiency in Microsoft Excel, SAGE People 300 and other HRIS.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Post graduate qualification in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related qualification.
- Additional training and certification in Human Resource Management.
- Experience working with USAID funded projects.
- 3 years supervisory experience
TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- Planning and Organizing
- Good communications skills
- Professional Ethics and Integrity
- Problem solving and Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Strategic HR Management and effective business partnerships
- Actively build relationships and network line management through communicating appropriately and proactively providing solutions to address business needs relating to people.
- Work to align HR objectives with business strategy.
- Build authentic relationships with partners.
- Identify, design and implement strategic HR projects (as and when required).
- Identify existing or potential problem areas and advise management team on how they can use HR processes to make improvements.
- Actively partake in management meeting as and when required, ensuring that HR compliance is considered in all decision making.
Attraction and retention of staff
- Drafting and updating of Staffing Organogram on a monthly basis.
- Ensure appointments (including internal promotions) are in line with RTC policy / strategy.
- Actively contribute to the quarter equity committee meetings
- Recruit, select and place candidates in terms of agreed recruitment and selection processes.
- Analyse salary packages to ensure they are market-related.
- Support line managers to ensure effective provision of counselling services where appropriate.
- Support, guide and advise line managers on matters such as succession planning, staff retention, staff development etc.
- Ensure active participation in the job grading committee.
Learning and Development
- Assist in the analysis of the training need analysis and the development of the annual training plan.
- Ensure up to date record keeping of all training attendance.
- Report on training offered and the attendance thereof on a month basis.
- Actively participate in the Skill Development Committee.
- Coordinate the implementation of the RTC performance management system.
- Ensure annual performance reviews are conducted.
- Where applicable, advise line management of annual increases based on performance).
- Train and coach line managers on how to conduct performance reviews.
- Ensure adherence to the probation process and ensure all probation sign offs are received by the respective due dates
Management of Employee Relations
- Provide line managers with expert guidance, coaching and support on the full range of HR activities (policies and procedures, terms and conditions of employment, absence management, restructuring of services, performance management etc.).
- Keep up to date with legal developments and advise management on compliance and risk factors.
- Ensure awareness and implementation of all legislative and compliance issues relating to HR
- Assist with investigations and manage disciplinary and grievance matters in conjunction with line managers.
- Provide advice and guidance that will ensure objectivity and fairness in all disciplinary actions taken.
- Act as the Company representative at the Labour office and IRC.
- Assist the Head of Human Resource in overseeing the effective management of administrative processes in conjunction with Human Resources Officers i.e. absenteeism, maternity leave, disability claims etc.
- Ascertain, understand, devise and implement sponsor requirements with regard to sponsor-specific HR needs.
- Compile and submit monthly reports or donor requested reporting by due date.
- Scrutinize all payroll inputs before being processed by the payroll teams
- Review and update HR policies on a regular basis
- Identify HR related gaps and draft policies and procedures to address gaps
- Assist in the drafting of the Annual HR Budgets for all aspects of the HR Value Chain
- Assist in the preparation for audits as and when required.
- Identify HR information systems that can be used to ensure automation of HR process and once approved ensure effective implementation.
- Attend to all staffing requirements and administration.
- Supervise and manage the duties of subordinates.
- Perform and facilitate performance development and assessments.
- Ensure that all employees are developed to their full potential.
- Support and drives the business’ core values
- Applications in the form of a cover letter and CV must be submitted to Vacancy24@righttocare.org
- All applicants are required to complete an online competency assessment accessible using this link–https://my.assessio.com/right-to-care-hr-managerx1_rtcz
- Only applicants that complete the two steps above will be considered.
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Applicants are required to complete all screening assessment questions and completion of competency assessment using the link provided above for the application of this position to be complete. Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Right to Care Zambia is aware of fraudulent activities by certain individuals claiming to be representatives of the organization.
Be advised that Right to Care does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and as such Right to Care Zambia assumes no responsibility for any announcements or activities by such individuals or entities.