The Fairmont Norfolk is a historic hotel in Nairobi, Kenya and is owned by the luxury hotel chain, Fairmont Hotels and Resorts. The hotel has 170 rooms, 4 restaurants, and consists of 5 main blocks, each ranging from 1 to 2 stories high. The hotel has a signature Tudor style of architecture that has been maintained since its original construction.
- Ready for a sizzling career move? You will play a pivotal role in our kitchen working alongside a fantastic team. The food you prepare, cook and serve makes our guests smile and wanting more.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Head baker/Pastry chef or his designate. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Ensure daily checks of all mis en place to ensure freshness and quality standards
- Prepare daily production of breads, rolls, muffins and other baked goods according to standard recipes
- Inspect product for quality and consistency during and after baking
- Review production schedules to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake
- Monitor inventory of supplies and order stock based on daily and weekly requirements
- Have knowledge in ingredient management to minimize wastage
- Complete production sheets needed for the daily operation
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Maintain consistency for all items going to the guests.
- Skills in buffet representation
- Follow Kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous experience in a Bakery required
- Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent preferred
- Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline preferred
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Closing Date : 31 July. 2023