With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Planning and Budgeting
- Assist Project Manager to ensure project planning and budgeting work schedule to meet the requirements/deadlines by the NO, Donner and other relevant stakeholders.
- Supervise project team to ensure project budgets are clear and aligned with project goals and outcomes, by giving due consideration to WVI Finance Policies and donor regulations.
- Assist Project Manager for budget-related- communication with relevant stakeholders.
- Determine cash requirements of the project and assist Project Manager for funding request to NO.
- (If financial partnering involved) Participate financial capacity assessment of the potential partners and partner selection process; assist the partners’ project planning and budgeting; engage in the development of agreements with the partners; and consolidate partners’ budget to WV project budget.
- PBAS and Sun Budget Reconciliation zero recon item on PBAS budget per funding source (T4) against Log frame budget in Sun Systems (source: PBAS Recon Report)
- Horizon Budget submission and Sun System Budget Capture on time as well as tracking expenditure and good variance reporting
- Prepare and process bank deposits/withdrawals and petty cash payments.
- Prepare vouchers, process invoices for payment.
- Review employee expense reports and code appropriately
- Post transactions to general ledger/voucher interface.
- File accounting related documents for easy retrieval.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliation.
- (if financial partnering involved) Verify the fund transfer to partners and documentation as per agreements; and review and amend (if necessary) financial information provided by partners for consolidation in WV.
- Ensure timeliness, completeness and accuracy in all accounting documents.
- Reporting and Compliance
- Produce financial reports including logframe financial report in response to FFM, local government and donor regulations.
- Assist project team in preparing budget vs. actual variance explanations report.
- Contribute to the development of financial monitoring system, analyzing and sharing financial reports/ information.
- Identify key donor requirements and communicate to project team.
- Coordinate compliance with key Finance requirements (monthly FFR report, completed LDRs by all AP staff, monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, etc.)
Risk Management and Internal Controls
- Assist to set up proper internal control system in project team.
- Promote and practice transparency and integrity for good stewardship of resources.
- Communicate to appropriate people potential risk observed in the program implementation.
- Assist Project Manager to take corrective actions/measures on audit recommendations and regularly monitor progress, in partnership with NO and partner finance departments.
- Assist partners to identify areas for improvements on internal control systems to carry out the activities as per agreements; and support to develop internal control system/manual as required.
Required Professional Experience
- At least 2 years work experience in Finance/ Accounting or related field
Required Education, Training, License, Registration, and Certification
- Diploma of Accountancy; ZICA membership required, ACCA/CIMA level 2 or equivalent a plus
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash-flow monitoring and internal accounting controls
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Good understanding of local partnering
- Basic understanding of VFI/MFI/MED
- Experience and proficiency on financial software and reporting systems
- Self-guided, strong organizational and planning skills; ability to work independently and under pressure
- Ability to manage interpersonal relations and work effectively with others, to establish and maintain good working relations in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment while showing sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Excel and Word
- Good written, oral communication and facilitation skills
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.