International Project Manager: Young Urban Women: Life Choices and Livelihoods Programme (YUW) Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 16:13 General Nairobi Reference: 1868
ActionAid is a leading international charity. We support women and children in extreme poverty. We fight for their rights and for lasting change
- The International Project Manager provides overall oversight of the Young Urban Women: Life Choices and Livelihoods Programme (YUW) working with national project staff in each of the project countries and an international project accountant. Reporting to the Global Lead for Women’s Rights and Feminist Alternatives, the International Project Manager also coordinates regional and international policy advocacy on behalf of the project, linking it to national and local-level work.
- The Young Urban Women: Life Choices and Livelihoods Project (YUW) supports the agency and activism of approximately 10,000 young women living in urban informal settlements in 19 cities across India, Ghana, Kenya and South Africa. The programme addresses the interlinkages between economic security, bodily integrity- including sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) – and the disproportionate burden of unpaid care and domestic work in the lives of young women. It aims to dismantle the structural barriers that prevent young women in urban areas from fully enjoying their social and economic rights. Amajor focus of the project is access to universal, gender-responsive public services and social protection.
Whowe’re looking for:
- A degree holder in a relevant field.
- Advanced project management experience of at least seven years in (a) development organization(s); preferably in multi-country women’s rights projects involving young people in the global south
- Very strong thematic knowledge of feminist analyses of and approaches to macroeconomic policy, including the link to women’s paid and unpaid labour, sexual and reproductive health and rights, public services and social and economic justice more broadly
- Excellent strategic thinking, writing and communication skills
- Experience in policy analysis and commissioning research gained in an NGO or public policy context
- Experience in advocacy in regional and international policy spaces relevant to women’s rights and gender equality, and related negotiation and networking skills
- You should also have strong commitment to ActionAid’s values and ethos, including ActionAid’s feminist leadership principles.
What we offer
ActionAid is committed to providing a welcoming, supportive workplace where we recognise a job well done. We offer a faircompensation package and a flexible working environment. At ActionAid, you can look forward to
- Fantastic training and development
- A workplace that embraces feminist leadership
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption pay.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31 May. 2023