INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 11:21 General Gaborone Reference: 1645
BTO invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the positions of:
INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent will be responsible
• To provide Management and the Finance and Audit Committee of
the Board’s objective and independent assurance on the adequacy
and effectiveness of the governance, risk management, and control
processes, as well as consulting services to improve operations
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Manages the Internal Audit Function, according to the Performance
Management System (PMS).
• Plans and schedules audits and ensures compliance to International
Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
(Auditing Standards) on all engagements.
• Monitors departmental performances against objectives and
• Co-ordinates and collates specialist audit information and
formulates recommendations in the preparation of audit reports.
• Provides advice and discuss audit findings with heads of the functional areas being audited.
• Prepares final reports of findings and recommendations for
submission to management and the FAC, availing copies of reports
to External Auditors.
• Develops the audit strategy for BTO.
• Keeps abreast of new audit issues.
• Liaises with External Auditors and other providers of assurance
• Ensures that policies and procedures are complied with. Checks
the effectiveness of such policies and procedures and advises
• Reviews organizational activities for economy and effectiveness
and advises management on opportunities for improvement and
• Investigates non-compliance with systems and procedures.
Conducts investigations on behalf of the organization and ensures
that business controls are in place and maintained.
• Appraises the controls that safeguard the assets of the organization.
• Coordinates identification of organizational risks and evaluates
risk management by identifying bad or weak processes, making
recommendations, and proving follow-up.
• Provides assurance to various stakeholders on the Corporate
Governance of the organization.
• Evaluates the adequacy, economy, efficiency, and effectiveness of
the business control framework, systems, and the risk management
and governance processes, and recommends improvements to
• Follows up on recommendations contained in the engagement
communications to Management, to confirm implementation, and
• Prepares the Unit budget proposals and manages the Unit allocation
of the budget according to the delegated authority
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Auditing or a related field
• Professional stage of an internationally recognized Qualification
e.g. (CIA, ACCA, CIMA)
• Membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors Botswana (IIAB)
• Five (5) years experience in auditing medium to large scale
operations, 2 of which should have been spent on management
• Post Graduate Certification in Enterprise Risk Management
- JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
If you meet the above requirements, please apply to: Executive Manager- HR & Admin Botswana Tourism Organisation at: Email: email@example.com Closing Date: Friday, 19th May 2023 Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Botswana