Internal Audit and Risk Assistant Manager (Grade 5) Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 15:42 General Nairobi Reference: 1824
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) is a professional body for certified public accountants (CPAs) in Kenya. ICPAK is a full member of the International Federation of Accountants and the Pan African Federation of Accounting.
JOB REF: ICPAK/02/2023
- Plans financial, regulatory, compliance or operational reviews/audits
- Conducts audit entry meeting with heads of specific units / departments being audited;
- Document audit work and findings in accordance with accepted auditing standards;
- Obtains and reviews evidence ensuring audit conclusion are well documented;
- Identifies weaknesses in internal control / business processes in the institute;
- During audit process engage with auditees seeking clarifications on various exceptions noted before extended to audit report;
- Communicate control issues raised during the audit process, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk;
- Conduct follow up on audit recommendations to assure implementation of agreed corrective actions;
- Conducts exit audit conferences with senior management
- Performs special audits as may be requested by the Chief Executive through the Manager, Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance;
- Performs any other related duties as may be assigned
- Designing, implementing and reviewing processes for sound risk management;
- Facilitating periodic /monthly meetings with the Institute’s risk champions;
- Ensuring departmental reports on risk management including risk registers are reviewed;
- Compiling risk management reports from business units and forwarding to Risk Management Committee (RMC) for deliberations;
- Giving assurance on the risk management process through audit reports;
- Facilitating risk champions in risk identification, assessment and evaluation;
- Performs any other related duties as may be assigned;
Check the Institute’s compliance with various legislations, agreements , MoU’s etc
- Conducts compliance checks to provide assurance on the Institute’s compliance with various legislations, treaties, MoUs etc
- Highlight in periodic (Quarterly) reports areas of non-compliance and discuss the same with responsible managers;
Reporting & operations of the ARC Committee of the Council
- Prepare ARC Committee Agenda in consultation with the Convener.
- Circulate the Agenda within the stipulated timeline.
- Provide Secretarial Services to the ARC.
- Follow up on the implementation of the ARC Committee resolutions.
- Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or relevant field
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or relevant field will be an added advantage
- Professional qualifications: CPA/CIA or ACCA qualifications and a member of ICPAK in good standing.
- 6 years working experience and 5 years in Internal Audit field in the Internal Audit function (relevant experience).
Method of Application
Submit your CV, scanned copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and Application letter indicating current and expected salary to email@example.com
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 17 May. 2023