INTERN OPERATIONS (4 POSITIONS) Full-time JobMay 12th, 2023 at 12:55 General Lilongwe Reference: 2687
Save the Children is inviting applications from suitably qualified personnel to fill the positions of Intern – Operations (4 positions) for Balaka and Ntcheu Offices under Power of Nutrition (PoN)/ Maziko project. The intern’s role is mainly to support the implementation and supervision of all aspects of community Power of Nutrition (PoN) related activities in the project impact areas. She / he will support implementation of activities mainly at community level/traditional authority level, focusing on the capacity building of local structures, service providers, volunteers as well as community leaders. S/he is responsible for ensuring uniformity and quality of training and other community level activities in the targeted locations, which will influence uptake of project activities leading to successful realization of the expected outcomes.
The post holder will work in close collaboration (especially those found at community level) with the relevant government departments’ offices as are relevant for the Maziko project.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- At least Diploma in Rural/Community Development, Social Work or any related field with proven experience and those with Bachelor’s level degree will be highly considered.
- At least three years’ experience in working directly with communities on Nutrition and health-related issues, agriculture and livelihoods interventions including economic empowerment and ECD.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitation and mobilizing support for community-based activities.
- A good understanding of structures that support nutrition interventions like Area and Village Nutrition Coordinating Committees and their operational context.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and hardworking circumstances.
- Ability to write clear project reports as well as updates
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken in English and Chichewa, with good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Strong passion for working with children.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children’s mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.