Influencing Impact Officer SEA (2712) Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 14:23 General Nairobi Reference: 1749
Tearfund is a Christian charity called to follow Jesus wherever the need is greatest We work tirelessly to help communities around the world escape the very worst effects of poverty and disaster. And we believe that the same people facing these troubles, also have the best idea as to how they can overcome them. Tearfund listens: helping people to rise out of their poverty, utilising their resourcefulness and determination. Tearfund works alongside local churches and other locally-based organisations to help realise these plans for a better future. Before, you knew us for our droughts, our poverty. But now the poor are transforming this country, and poverty shall no longer be our name. Meseret Kumsa, a Tearfund self-help group member, Ethiopia Tearfund are signatories to the Red Cross Code of Conduct and are certified against the Humanitarian Accountability Partnership Standard.
Tearfund, in this regard is looking for a matured, experienced and highly motivated person to;
- Accompany influencing organisations to develop quality DMEAL approaches
- identify the need for and deliver DMEAL training, providing capacity building, advice and support where relevant.
- Work with organisations and staff on DMEAL compliance as required
- Support and advise staff working on influencing projects in design to ensure good practice DMEAL is incorporated.
- Develop results matrices, targets, indicators and baselines for the regional influencing goals
- Ensure Tearfund Quality Standards and Core Humanitarian Standards are applied where appropriate in programmes and projects.
- Provide guidance for the annual review of the influencing programme to create a holistic view of Tearfund’s influencing in the region to determine whether it is on track with the implementation of influencing activities. Support the implementation and embedding of Tearfund DMEAL requirements and standards
If the above describes you and you possess the underlisted experiences and expertise, we will love to hear from you;
- Degree or equivalent qualification in development, social sciences, international relations, or other relevant course
- International NGO field experience in a similar position: programme support, development, fundraising or M&E.
- Proven experience in monitoring and evaluation, and data analysis
- Proven experience in Knowledge Management and Institutional Learning initiatives.
- Experience in Project Cycle Management (Including Theory of Change, logframe development and M&E).
- Delivering capacity building, support and advice to others
- Experience in conveying stories and case studies to external audiences in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Experience in strategic planning.
All applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to Tbenedict@tearfundafrica.org
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 22 May. 2023
Tear Fund International