Health & Safety Coordinator Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 14:30 General Nairobi Reference: 1762
This company was formerly known as SmartCook Energy. Last-mile energy networks for Africa’s cities. Smarter commerce for urban Africa. Unique rich media delivery platforms. Our mission is to improve life for everyone in Africa’s cities.
- As The Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Coordinator, you will be the primary contact for KOKO employees, contractors; business partners, and visitors on Health, Safety & environmental-related matters. You will be responsible for executing and implementing HSE programs and activities in Kenya, this includes the already established activities in our HSE strategy and any additional activity that might arise thereof.
What you will Do
- Frequently conducting occupational safety & health (OSH) risk audits for various departments as outlined in the HSE strategy. Following up on closure of emerging risk.
- Keep an updated record of OSH legal requirements and other requirements that are relevant to KOKO networks’ purpose and strategy.
- Follow up the renewal of DOSH licenses and conducting of subsequent annual DOSH/NEMA audits, plant inspections, and support in closing any identified gaps.
- Conduct Incident and accident investigations, and root cause analysis; prepare and share preliminary and full reports within the appropriate time as agreed with the supervisor. You may be requested to visit the scene of the accident and or any other place to gather evidence
- Organize and conduct annual emergency drills in our facilities, write recommendations, and keep records for reference.
- Conduct HSE inductions, and internal safety training, preparing training contents (visual & audio visual) for review and measuring training effectiveness through quizzes. Carry out training needs assessments for employees and keep training attendance records.
- Coordinate statutory training and other external training that includes first aid, fire, OSH committee and defensive driving, and any other training as guided by the HSE supervisor.
- Custodian of work permits and ensures compliance.
- Coordinate visitor safety induction with the Security team available.
- Monitoring compliance with PPE requirements and other HSE procedures.
- Prepare and maintain the monthly HSE dashboard as required by the Supervisor
- You will champion the best practices in housekeeping and compliance with 5s guidelines. Share any observations with the respective teams.
- Update the emergency responders on our notice boards
- Ensure compliance with COVID-19 protocols in line with company policy.
- Monitor subcontractor safety compliance conduct while on site, holding regular safety talks to ensure that they are compliant with KOKO OSH procedures
- Monitor the Inventory of emergency response equipment. Frequently carry out spot checks on fire fighting equipment in our facilities and KOKO vehicles to identify defects and make recommendations. Keeping issuance records of fire extinguishers and ensuring that the custodian return before clearing to exit KOKO Networks
- Any other roles as assigned by your supervisor
What You will Bring to KOKO
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a relevant field such as Health, Safety, Environmental Health, or Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in corporate HSE functions
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong data collection and analysis skills
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31 May. 2023